Is 30 and 18 too big of an age gap in a relationship between two women?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I (30F) and a classmate (18F) at university have had strong feelings for each other for awhile but never acted on it. I had a crush on her before realizing she was 18 and she had one on me before realizing I was 30 (she looks more mature than her age and I look about a decade younger). We connected well from day dot and became good friends but now it's getting hard to be around her because my feelings just get stronger. She feels the same way. It would be an awful waste to throw away the friendship but it also it feels like there's no point to it if we started dating. And before anyone says it, there was no grooming involved in this case because I met her when she was already 18 but just didn't realize it. Just wanted some opinions I guess.
Funtimes01_
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Legal wise you're both deemed as adults, so there's nothing wrong with that.
Maturity wise, maybe you'll find the mental age-gap between you two quite substantial.
But I don't know. It can work out. Only time will tell.
Last edited by Funtimes01_; 1 month ago
cc2k22
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I (30F) and a classmate (18F) at university have had strong feelings for each other for awhile but never acted on it. I had a crush on her before realizing she was 18 and she had one on me before realizing I was 30 (she looks more mature than her age and I look about a decade younger). We connected well from day dot and became good friends but now it's getting hard to be around her because my feelings just get stronger. She feels the same way. It would be an awful waste to throw away the friendship but it also it feels like there's no point to it if we started dating. And before anyone says it, there was no grooming involved in this case because I met her when she was already 18 but just didn't realize it. Just wanted some opinions I guess.
yes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads