The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Verification of admissions

My name is Esther Ogbebor, and i was offered admissions to study at coventry university my Agent did the applying and everything but there was a spelling error on my name. i have asked it be corrected another letter sent but he keeps giving me different stories which has caused me to wonder if it's all a scam. How do i verify if i was truly offered an admission or not?
Did you apply via UCAS?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
Did you apply via UCAS?

The agent did the application i have no idea how he did it
Original post by ESTHER OGBEBOR
The agent did the application i have no idea how he did it

Are you applying from overseas? The way UK applications work is that there is a website called UCAS that most universities are subscribed to and we upload our details there. https://www.ucas.com

We make an account using our personal email address and get notified when unis make a decision on our application. Perhaps ask your agent for screenshots of your account or offer. It should look like the attached screenshot86209B38-14CE-4779-8592-C2D4ACDD1A1E.jpg.jpeg
If you suspect a scam, would you be able to contact Coventry directly and ask if you’re on their system? If you have been scammed, you always have the option of applying through Clearing.

@Admit-One any advice?
Original post by ESTHER OGBEBOR
My name is Esther Ogbebor, and i was offered admissions to study at coventry university my Agent did the applying and everything but there was a spelling error on my name. i have asked it be corrected another letter sent but he keeps giving me different stories which has caused me to wonder if it's all a scam. How do i verify if i was truly offered an admission or not?

Hi @ESTHER OGBEBOR,

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I believe I already answered a previous post of yours. Please click here to view my response and let me know how else I can assist.

If possible, try to see if you can retrieve details from your agent and attempt to log into the system yourself. If you're able to do this, perhaps try to see if there is anything you can find about your application.

Veronica
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
If you suspect a scam, would you be able to contact Coventry directly and ask if you’re on their system? If you have been scammed, you always have the option of applying through Clearing.

@Admit-One any advice?

Sorry, a bit late to this one but I agree that contacting Coventry directly is the best way forward.

It might also be worth contacting UCAS to get control of their account back, (I am presuming that the agent used their own contact details).
Original post by Admit-One
Sorry, a bit late to this one but I agree that contacting Coventry directly is the best way forward.

It might also be worth contacting UCAS to get control of their account back, (I am presuming that the agent used their own contact details).

Thank you!
PRSOM

Quick Reply