Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really need help with Geography: Liverpool regeneration

Hi I am studying rebranding for AS Edexcel Geography, and my teacher is not very helpful! We have been doing rebranding and regeneration of Liverpool but I have absolutely no notes on them!!!!! Does anyone have any they could send me? Help would be VERY greatly appreciated!
    Rxx

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't know much about Liverpool as I did Birmingham instead. You could talk about it's status as the Capital of Culture and the airport, how it was renamed the John Lennon airport or something like that. Just have a look around on the Internet.

ReputationRep:
    cool thanks

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool became the European Capital of Culture last year and Superlambanana statues were built all round the city. Each one was designed and funded by a different company/school/charity to 'showcase the creativity of Liverpool - its people, its places, its heritage, regeneration, and world renowned arts scene.' (see here)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rockingreviser)

Hi I am studying rebranding for AS Edexcel Geography, and my teacher is not very helpful! We have been doing rebranding and regeneration of Liverpool but I have absolutely no notes on them!!!!! Does anyone have any they could send me? Help would be VERY greatly appreciated!
    Rxx
    You need to be doing more than one example of rebranding! Any large city would do - look in your textbook. Salford, Manchester, London Docklands - there are loads of ones you can use.
    I teach this syllabus. I KNOW you need
    a) more than one example of rebranding as you need different types of rebranding and
    b) you need to ensure that any fieldwork you have done also link in with rebranding. What fieldwork have you been on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    You need to be doing more than one example of rebranding! Any large city would do - look in your textbook. Salford, Manchester, London Docklands - there are loads of ones you can use.
    I teach this syllabus. I KNOW you need
    a) more than one example of rebranding as you need different types of rebranding and
    b) you need to ensure that any fieldwork you have done also link in with rebranding. What fieldwork have you been on?
    Have not been on any fieldworkk?///.HELP!!! what do you mean types of rebranding?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What textbook do you have? There are 3 possible ones all linked to the Edexcel specification.
    If you can tell me the publisher of yours I should be able to point you in the right direction.
    As for types of re-branding - you need to look at urban rebranding, rebranding through Sport, Cuture as a means of rebranding, rebranding of the countryside as well as LEDC rebranding.

ReputationRep:
    We are doing Ed Excel i thinks the publisher is pearson and is green and bluey on the frount.......
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    In that case have a look at the section on Urban and Rural rebranding (there are 4 sections in Module 2 and you have to do either ExtremeWeather or Crowded Coasts for the physical section and either Unequal Spaces or Rebranding Places for the human section.)

If you also go on to the Edexcel website and look up the specification you will see that Module 2 questions will always have a 'textbook' bit ie where you discuss the problems about rebranding, based on a variety of resources BUT there will always be a specific question based on the fieldwork you have done related to your chosen topics.

For example, you may be asked " for a rural area you have investigated, what type of data did you collect to investigate the topic of rebranding. Explain the methods you used and the specific problems or limitations you found in collecting the data."

This is why you HAVE to have done some AS fieldwork.

ReputationRep:
    Hey i am doing this syllabus, and I have just done a pack with the info, on word like a case study. We have looked at both Liverpool and Manchester as a way of rebranding thorugh culture.
    add my msn and i can send it [email protected]

i will be on at 7 tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockingreviser)

Rxx
    Google search 'Liverpool one' - it's a huge shopping re-development which happened in the city centre last year :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    Eldonian village - Bottom up strategy, basically they knocked down the old houses and built new bungalows in L shapes to reduce crime, and give a feel of community.

ReputationRep:
    I need to know about how Manchester rebranded through sport? Any suggestions what they have done ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickymumby)
    I need to know about how Manchester rebranded through sport? Any suggestions what they have done ?
    For Manchester, you could talk about:

Commonwealth Games in 2002 and say the sporting facilities that they built/enhanced such as the Veledrome, City of Manchester Football Stadium and many other sporting locations. You could link this with the fact that they have added better tram/bus/rail links which has helped in the regeneration by making it more accessible for people. This all contributed to Manchester's rebranding.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.