60-70 hours
    4.17%
    70-80 hours
    3.79%
    80 hours + (Legend)
    2.27%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniel_williams)
    about 130 hours, at which point i collapsed and was rushed into hospital. i was put into a medically induced coma for 2 days to allow my body to recover.

the lack of sleep was caused by an extremely severe bout of insomnia, which i still suffer and quite frequently go one or 2 nights without any sleep. so racking up 72 hours without sleep is no big deal to me!
    Maan

Longest I can do is between 24-30 hours, the longest being when I had to stay awake all night after a gig to catch an afternoon train, after we decided we couldn't afford a hostel.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was only 27hrs due to jet lag, normally I sleep like a baby

ReputationRep:
    Probably about 25/26 hours on an offshore yacht race. Would have got to sleep earlier but it was so rough I couldn't sleep, and as almost everyone else was really sea sick I ended up driving the thing!

ReputationRep:
    42 hours, from 8:00AM one day to 2:00AM two days later. I was staying up so I could wait to talk to my girlfriend on the phone when she'd arrived in LA, after being delayed several hours. Only spoke to her for about 2 minutes, but it was so worth it

ReputationRep:
    Probably about 20, tbh, the attraction of staying awake for the sake of it disappeared when I was about 12. Luckily I haven't had to pull any all nighters to finish work yet either.

ReputationRep:
    Almost four days.

ReputationRep:
    like 20. sleep is too good to miss.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about seventy something hours. It was a very unpleasant experience, undertaken to complete about a months worth of work in the three days before it was due. It made me very ill and I wouldn't reccomend that anyone do it for kicks.

ReputationRep:
    About 34 hours, last night of reading festival, never sleep. I get very hungry and laugh at everything. Can be quite fun, if a little confusing when you wake up at 9PM the next day.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a few all-nighters, which is ~40 hours each time

ReputationRep:
    48 hours. I had a very bad flu and couldn't sleep.

ReputationRep:
    About 30, but that was because I was very, very ill and I was in too much pain to sleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmoElmo)
    48 hours. I had a very bad flu and couldn't sleep.
    Two words: Night nurse. Works a charm for me (though I wasnt allowed it last year due to drug interaction with propanolol).

ReputationRep:
    42 and a half.

A close friend managed 111, and still went to work and college for all the days. It was awesome, although he seemed dead post 100. He then slept for only 7 hours, and then did another 24! He is king.

ReputationRep:
    I've never stayed awake all that long in one go... certainly less than 36 hours, but I always do it as a grand finale to several weeks of sleep debt, so it gets pretty intense.

24 hours is fairly easy if you've got company... I get hyper, then go to bed, and it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    18 hours for me, what a wimp!
    thats a normal day for me 18 hours, up at 5.30, bed at 12

Longest i been up is about 50 hours, managed to finish and deliver a presentation and still managed to get a 2.1 for it.

next time however i did plan ahead and finished preparing the presentation in good time.

ReputationRep:
    51 hours - 2 allnighters and the ride home.

ReputationRep:
    About 40 hours. Was at a LAN :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Probably around 55 Hours.
    Went to Amsterdam in summer with a few friends ha.
    Good times.

ReputationRep:
    Up at 9am one day and did an all nighter with friends whilst camping outside HMV for a signing (how cool are we?). Didnt sleep at all during that night or the following day and ended up going to bed at around midnight.

So methinks around 39 hours

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.