The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

How long does it take for MPhil/PhD applications to get a response back

Hey everyone,

I applied 5 weeks ago for a PhD at SOAS and was wondering when I should expect a response, especially since someone told me it should take around 4 weeks.

My status is currently on "with academic review team", and I've read in other posts on the forum multiple people are still on this status, so does anyone know when to expect a response?
Honestly I'd expect a pretty long turnaround, SOAS admin are pretty slow because there aren't many left...
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
That doesn't surprise me unfortunately, I'm currently an MA student there and sometimes things can be a little slow admin wise, even if the staff themselves are super kind and useful they're just overwhelmed.
Original post by CaribbeanDude
Hey everyone,

I applied 5 weeks ago for a PhD at SOAS and was wondering when I should expect a response, especially since someone told me it should take around 4 weeks.

My status is currently on "with academic review team", and I've read in other posts on the forum multiple people are still on this status, so does anyone know when to expect a response?

Have you spoken to the supervisor about your application?

Are they expecting it, have they received it?
I'm in the same position! Their website says 5-8 weeks from the point they passed it to the academic review team (not from when you submitted the application), which in my case was 5 weeks ago. So I'm not worried yet. Which program are you applying to?
Original post by onkakukikur
I'm in the same position! Their website says 5-8 weeks from the point they passed it to the academic review team (not from when you submitted the application), which in my case was 5 weeks ago. So I'm not worried yet. Which program are you applying to?

Got it looks like I got almost a whole month more of waiting then.
I applied for Anthropology, what about you?
Original post by CaribbeanDude
Got it looks like I got almost a whole month more of waiting then.
I applied for Anthropology, what about you?

Yeah it could be another month yet... I applied for History of Art and Archaeology.

Quick Reply

Latest