The Student Room Group

Second tuition fee loan advice - Computer Science

I am hoping to begin a Computer Science Undergraduate degree this October with the Open University, but I want to study Full Time (120 credits each year).

This will be my second degree, can I get a student loan to finance all or part of my tuition fees?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Emma6512
I am hoping to begin a Computer Science Undergraduate degree this October with the Open University, but I want to study Full Time (120 credits each year).

This will be my second degree, can I get a student loan to finance all or part of my tuition fees?

Hello,

All Open University are deemed eligible for part time funding only. I have checked The Course Management System (used by Universities/Colleges to share course information), however the course is not showing. Can you please check the exact course details?

Part time exception courses were introduced during the 2015/16 AY.
This means that students could be eligible to receive support for a second qualification if studying for a part time honours degree, joint honours degree or integrated masters degree in one of the listed exception subjects.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 2
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Hello,

All Open University are deemed eligible for part time funding only. I have checked The Course Management System (used by Universities/Colleges to share course information), however the course is not showing. Can you please check the exact course details?

Part time exception courses were introduced during the 2015/16 AY.
This means that students could be eligible to receive support for a second qualification if studying for a part time honours degree, joint honours degree or integrated masters degree in one of the listed exception subjects.

Thanks, Lynsey.

BSc (Honours) Computing and IT (Software)
Course Code: Q62
https://www.open.ac.uk/courses/computing-it/degrees/bsc-computing-it-software-q62-soft

How many credits per year will student loans cover?

Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
BSc (Honours) Computing and IT (Software)
Course Code: Q62
https://www.open.ac.uk/courses/computing-it/degrees/bsc-computing-it-software-q62-soft

How many credits per year will student loans cover?

Thanks

Hello,

That course is eligible as an exception course. 120 credits equates to 100%, which we would fund.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 4
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Hello,

That course is eligible as an exception course. 120 credits equates to 100%, which we would fund.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Fantastic news, thank you for your help Lynsey!
Fantastic news, thank you for your help Lynsey!

You're welcome! If we can help you with anything else please let us know!

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest