Can’t cope

Watch this thread
RushingRiver
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Idk what to do anymore, seriously, I feel like life just keeps getting worse

I’ve done everything I can, and nothing’s helping me feel better. I just feel so depressed, I can’t take it. I don’t have anyone to talk to and I’m not coping on my own…

I know this is quite vague but does anyone know how I can get through a hard time? I don’t wanna go into more detail cause this post would be quite long if I did… don’t wanna bore anyone
woodso15
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Are you still at school or sixth form, if so try reaching out to a pastoral team or trusted member of staff as this is what I found really helped the most over the last year when I've been really struggling with my mental health. Having a trusted space at school, knowing that there is a support network there for me, and having allowances made for me when I've been finding it really hard as been amazing.
However if this isn't possible then I recommend trying services like kooth as that offers anonymous support on their live chat service or phone. As well as that remember that everything is small steps. Even if some days you don't do very much then at least just doing something like brushing your teeth is an achievement.
RushingRiver
Rep:
(Original post by woodso15)
Are you still at school or sixth form, if so try reaching out to a pastoral team or trusted member of staff as this is what I found really helped the most over the last year when I've been really struggling with my mental health. Having a trusted space at school, knowing that there is a support network there for me, and having allowances made for me when I've been finding it really hard as been amazing.
However if this isn't possible then I recommend trying services like kooth as that offers anonymous support on their live chat service or phone. As well as that remember that everything is small steps. Even if some days you don't do very much then at least just doing something like brushing your teeth is an achievement.
I am at school, and they’re aware of my mental health issues but tbh aren’t the best at dealing with it. My teachers have been very understanding though, reducing my workload as needed.
I use Childline a fair bit, I’ll probably talk to them later - thank you :hugs:
woodso15
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As cringey as it sounds as well remember that when you feel like it can’t get any worse you just need to hold on and it will get better. I never believed it when I felt like that, and I always felt that when people said it they didn’t understand but I promise if you keep holding on and don’t give up you are giving yourself the opportunity for it to only get better. You are obviously resilient as you are still going, so you have proven to yourself that you can do this.
RushingRiver
Rep:
(Original post by woodso15)
As cringey as it sounds as well remember that when you feel like it can’t get any worse you just need to hold on and it will get better. I never believed it when I felt like that, and I always felt that when people said it they didn’t understand but I promise if you keep holding on and don’t give up you are giving yourself the opportunity for it to only get better. You are obviously resilient as you are still going, so you have proven to yourself that you can do this.
I am feeling a little better today
Thank you :hugs:
JVM2020
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When I face mental health in my workplace, I reach out to mental health first aiders. We have a list of them available to contact and they're not just in one site but spread out.

I do pray that you get the support you need soon.

There is a link here for you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2599129
Last edited by JVM2020; 1 month ago
RushingRiver
Rep:
(Original post by JVM2020)
When I face mental health in my workplace, I reach out to mental health first aiders. We have a list of them available to contact and they're not just in one site but spread out.

I do pray that you get the support you need soon.

There is a link here for you.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2599129
JVM2020
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RushingRiver)
You're welcome. Student Room is a place where you should feel safe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (66)
69.47%
In the post (3)
3.16%
Text (13)
13.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.68%

Watched Threads