withdrew my ucas but it was a mistake

Watch this thread
withdrawalhelp
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so i withdrew my ucas application the other day. i didn't get any offers this year so i decided to take a gap year and apply for 2023.
however, my mum wants me to look into extra for other courses. i didn't want to do this, hence why i withdrew, but she has sort of convinced me and now i am panicking cause i stupidly withdrew.
how can i tell ucas that i actually want to keep my application??
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by withdrawalhelp)
so i withdrew my ucas application the other day. i didn't get any offers this year so i decided to take a gap year and apply for 2023.
however, my mum wants me to look into extra for other courses. i didn't want to do this, hence why i withdrew, but she has sort of convinced me and now i am panicking cause i stupidly withdrew.
how can i tell ucas that i actually want to keep my application??
Hi there.

I think that phoning up UCAS would be the solution but may be wrong so will tag artful_lounger (who is unsurprisingly on PRSOM ).

Best wishes.
Last edited by TriplexA; 1 month ago
moopxo
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
you should call ucas and explain your situation to them, they are very helpful. did you withdraw an offer or your entire application? you still have time to apply through extra and clearing if you want to :]
withdrawalhelp
Rep:
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there.

I think that phoning up UCAS would be the solution but may be wrong so will tag artful_lounger (who is unsurprisingly on PRSOM ).

Best wishes.
hi, thanks for the help. im currently waiting to get through on the phone but im sure you can imagine how long that takes haha. was just checking to make sure it was even possible to be honest. thank you so much though
withdrawalhelp
Rep:
(Original post by moopxo)
you should call ucas and explain your situation to them, they are very helpful. did you withdraw an offer or your entire application? you still have time to apply through extra and clearing if you want to :]
that's the problem, i withdrew the whole application, meaning i cant apply for extra
but yeah im on the phone at the moment so hopefully they can give me a hand. thank you so mcuh!
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there.

Best wishes.
PRSOM also

I'm actually not too sure though what the situation would be, so would have to also suggest calling UCAS to see what they say :confused:
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Call UCAS - it may be within the standard '14 day change your mind' period.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
PQ are you able to advise on this given your knowledge od UCAS procedures.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by withdrawalhelp)
that's the problem, i withdrew the whole application, meaning i cant apply for extra
but yeah im on the phone at the moment so hopefully they can give me a hand. thank you so mcuh!
Ucas will happily reverse a complete withdrawal as long as you didn’t get your application fee refunded.

It should be simple to sort out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (16)
35.56%
They're what I expected (13)
28.89%
They're worse than what I expected (16)
35.56%

Watched Threads