Going back to do different A-levels in one year?

Watch this thread
TooManyCobwebs
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I'm just finishing my first year of university doing English Literature Undergrad at Oxbridge. I love love love love books but I havent really enjoyed this year or done very academically well. Studying literature is a very different thing to just enjoying it.

I originally did English Literature, Theology and Maths at A-level. All A*. (and EPQ).

I would really like to go back and study biology at A-level (something i wanted to do before and throughout sixth form). Possibly Chemistry too. I'd like to study at Russell Group but not Oxbridge.

Has anyone taken a similar path? Or have any advice on how to do so? What would a Russell Group university think about this? Does dropping out affect my chances of being accepted by another university for a different course?
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TooManyCobwebs)
I'm just finishing my first year of university doing English Literature Undergrad at Oxbridge.
That's a very strange statement to make.

Firstly, because I've never heard of anyone saying that they're studying at Oxbridge before - people will always tend to say "Oxford" or "Cambridge" if they're actually studying at one or other other.

Secondly, because Oxford has an undergraduate course called "English Language and Literature" and Cambridge has one called "English" but neither has one called "English Literature", as far as I'm aware.

Why the vagueness?
TooManyCobwebs
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by DataVenia)
That's a very strange statement to make.

Firstly, because I've never heard of anyone saying that they're studying at Oxbridge before - people will always tend to say "Oxford" or "Cambridge" if they're actually studying at one or other other.

Secondly, because Oxford has an undergraduate course called "English Language and Literature" and Cambridge has one called "English" but neither has one called "English Literature", as far as I'm aware.

Why the vagueness?
i'd rather not be traced to this question. I'm not sure the vagueness really hinders anyone from answering my question, if it does please let me know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (118)
40.41%
They're exactly what I expected (70)
23.97%