Safe lodge scheme

Watch this thread
Oxfordbound
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I am coming to Oxford and will be attending a PPH. Therefore there is no 24/7 staffed lodge.

I have recently been diagnosed with diabetes which I am anxious about. My sugars can be bad overnight which makes me panic especially as the doctors are still adjusting my meds.

Not that I would need support very often but if I was worried or panicky could I go to another college’s lodge? I know this safe lodge scheme is for medical issues. The nearest lodge is 2 mins from my accommodation (a graduate centre) or 3 mins to the nearest college.

Does anyone have any advice?
mishieru07
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oxfordbound)
Hello,

I am coming to Oxford and will be attending a PPH. Therefore there is no 24/7 staffed lodge.

I have recently been diagnosed with diabetes which I am anxious about. My sugars can be bad overnight which makes me panic especially as the doctors are still adjusting my meds.

Not that I would need support very often but if I was worried or panicky could I go to another college’s lodge? I know this safe lodge scheme is for medical issues. The nearest lodge is 2 mins from my accommodation (a graduate centre) or 3 mins to the nearest college.

Does anyone have any advice?
Perhaps reach out to the Disability Advisory Service and your PPH and see if there's any way they can put a formal arrangement in place with a nearby college before you come up to Oxford? I can't imagine porters turning away a student in an emergency just because they're from a different college (people visit each other's colleges all the time anyway), but it would probably give you more peace of mind to know that there are people who are aware of your condition and can support you in an emergency.
Oxfordbound
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mishieru07)
Perhaps reach out to the Disability Advisory Service and your PPH and see if there's any way they can put a formal arrangement in place with a nearby college before you come up to Oxford? I can't imagine porters turning away a student in an emergency just because they're from a different college (people visit each other's colleges all the time anyway), but it would probably give you more peace of mind to know that there are people who are aware of your condition and can support you in an emergency.
Thank you so much, I will do so
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads