Worried about College Course

Watch this thread
SamH30
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I have just finished high school and have just attended my first introduction day at my college for the course in photography I want to take. I am worried about the lack of or no other boys in my class expect for me. I may be overreacting but I’m worried that I’ll make no friends because of this and it might effect school work. Will I be able to make friends that take different courses than me? Or is that unlikely to happen? Also how likely is it that there are boys that haven’t showed up on the introduction day but are attending the course? Please help because it’s really worrying me and making me question if I should apply for a different college
Natsudragon
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
heyy you can talk to the girls in your class .they are pretty chill.ofcc youll make friends .. its not like there are no guys in the entire neighbourhood .. i would recommend joining some college clubs , youll find lots of guys with the same interests and can make friends ..you will have a room mate so you and he can find new friends when you go out to buy things and stuff.. there are a lot of communities so im sure that you will make friends .. or just wait for a week . maybe they were absent today and might show up later . dont let this be the reason you quit u know .. dont you have kind of a class list sheet or something? get it from someone and check maybe . dont worry , i also felt anxious during my first week . it isnt as bad as you think yea?
SamH30
Rep:
(Original post by Natsudragon)
heyy you can talk to the girls in your class .they are pretty chill.ofcc youll make friends .. its not like there are no guys in the entire neighbourhood .. i would recommend joining some college clubs , youll find lots of guys with the same interests and can make friends ..you will have a room mate so you and he can find new friends when you go out to buy things and stuff.. there are a lot of communities so im sure that you will make friends .. or just wait for a week . maybe they were absent today and might show up later . dont let this be the reason you quit u know .. dont you have kind of a class list sheet or something? get it from someone and check maybe . dont worry , i also felt anxious during my first week . it isnt as bad as you think yea?
Hi, thank you for replying. I’ll ask my teacher for a class list, but at the end of the day I’m there to learn photography and it’s a pretty solitude subject anyway so maybe it won’t be too bad. The only thing is, is that at the college we don’t have dorm rooms or anything so there’s not even a guy there. I’ll try having a look at some clubs too, but if I don’t find something I like, Is it usual to make friends when going to the canteen?
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SamH30)
Hi, thank you for replying. I’ll ask my teacher for a class list, but at the end of the day I’m there to learn photography and it’s a pretty solitude subject anyway so maybe it won’t be too bad. The only thing is, is that at the college we don’t have dorm rooms or anything so there’s not even a guy there. I’ll try having a look at some clubs too, but if I don’t find something I like, Is it usual to make friends when going to the canteen?
Idk about the college you're going to but mine has lots of clubs/extracurriculars etc so I'm sure you'd find one that you like and you could make friends through those.
If not, you can and will most likely make friends with other people who aren't on your course, so honestly don't worry about it.
If you like the course and the college, it's not worth going to a different one over imo
SamH30
Rep:
(Original post by thrivingfrog)
Idk about the college you're going to but mine has lots of clubs/extracurriculars etc so I'm sure you'd find one that you like and you could make friends through those.
If not, you can and will most likely make friends with other people who aren't on your course, so honestly don't worry about it.
If you like the course and the college, it's not worth going to a different one over imo
Ok I’ll look into it then, thank you for putting my mind at rest 😀
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ok I’ll look into it then, thank you for putting my mind at rest 😀
No problem!
Natsudragon
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
no worries . yeaa it is usual . i mean , if you arent able to go in and sit with a group of guys then just go and ask some guy whos sitting alone if he would be fine with you sitting there and start up a convo .. or talk when you are in the queue about how you are a first yr and about not having guys in your class . people love to help and youll make many new friends.. theres the gym too
SamH30
Rep:
(Original post by Natsudragon)
no worries . yeaa it is usual . i mean , if you arent able to go in and sit with a group of guys then just go and ask some guy whos sitting alone if he would be fine with you sitting there and start up a convo .. or talk when you are in the queue about how you are a first yr and about not having guys in your class . people love to help and youll make many new friends.. theres the gym too
Thanks for the advice, it’s really helped! 😀
Natsudragon
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Anytime!
Thanks for the advice, it’s really helped! 😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.47%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (43)
25.9%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.42%

Watched Threads