The Student Room Group

Uni of Bristol or Uni of Kent

Hi,
I would like to hear your opinions and preference between Uni of Bristol and Uni of Kent (Canterbury) for both student and living experience.
Bristol: city university, known for having a party culture
Kent: campus university, in a rural setting, isn't known for being a 'party uni'
Reply 2
According to the world rankings, Kent is rated 338ish and Bristol is 62, does that play a huge role in the overall experience?
Original post by gancho2903
According to the world rankings, Kent is rated 338ish and Bristol is 62, does that play a huge role in the overall experience?

There would be more academic students at Bristol bc of the higher entry requirements, but that shouldn't make much of a difference because Kent is a reputable uni too.
Original post by gancho2903
Hi,
I would like to hear your opinions and preference between Uni of Bristol and Uni of Kent (Canterbury) for both student and living experience.

Hi!

It is good to see that your are considering studying at Kent potentially. I am second year student at Kent and so far overall experience has been very positive.

Firstly, the university offers plenty of support to its students to help them excel in their academics and to help them find employment in a suitable career path by allocating us academic advisors and promoting the Career and Employability Service, supporting students to pursue their academic and career goals.

Your choice might also depend on how far from home you are comfortable with travelling. Canterbury is a lovely town not too far from my family home and it just one train away from London, which is great for events, conferences, opportunities or other activities happening in the capital that might interest you. There are plenty of accommodation options both on and off campus for you to consider as well, that will allow easy commute either to town or campus depending on where you decide to live.

The social life is varied: for some people it is super busy, for others it quiet, so that will depend on how involved and outgoing you want to be. Personally, I have a rich and busy social life at Kent: between volleyball, art societies, getting involved in organising events I made plenty of friends and I always look out for events happening on and off campus, which are always so many! Societies in fact, mostly collaborate with event organisers, like Canterbury Vibes or Student Republic (you can check them out on instagram) to organise lively weekly events and/or bigger events that become a fun part of our social life.

Finally, the university promotes plenty of student led and focused activities that can help you make plenty of friends and balance your social and academic life. We have very developed sports facilities and sports clubs if you are interested in pursing that as well. The campus is surrounded by a beautiful landscape with plenty of fields and open spaces and wonderful views, which can definitely help take some stress out of the day. There are also plenty of quiet and fully equipped study rooms for you to do your work and affordable food available at restaurants across campus.

I hope this was helpful and best of luck!

Tracy
UKC Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending