Lads Holiday at 17

Watch this thread
user0189391589
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi

Looking to book a lads holiday (around 8 of us) for summer 2023. Most of us will be 17, one or two still 16. A lot of hotels have a policy of needing at least 1x 18+ year old with you which isn't ideal.

Wondering if anyone has any advice/tips to finding places, and also best places to go other than the main few.

Cheers.
Last edited by user0189391589; 1 month ago
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I don't know of any ways to get around that rule. Maybe an older brother could travel with you?
user0189391589
Rep:
I don't have one

Let me rephrase though - since there are a few that accept u18s in some places from where I've seen

Where are the best places (cheapest as well) to go other than the main ones (Ibiza, Magaluf, Sunny beach)?
rosy_posy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by user0189391589)
I don't have one

Let me rephrase though - since there are a few that accept u18s in some places from where I've seen

Where are the best places (cheapest as well) to go other than the main ones (Ibiza, Magaluf, Sunny beach)?
Do any of your friends have an older brother who could go with you?
Greek islands are affordable to travel to
user0189391589
Rep:
Bringing someone's sibling isn't really something we'd want to do (hopefully for obvious reasons)
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't have one

Croatia. You could still struggle with accommodation though for U18s. Youth hostels or some campsites might be an option.
rosy_posy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Bringing someone's sibling isn't really something we'd want to do (hopefully for obvious reasons)
Idk these obvious reasons 😂
napqueen
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
magaluf!! I've just been and i loved it, the strip is big enough for a big group to do and the hotels will be used to big groups. the strip is not as gross as people make out, the beach is still nice and palma isnt far if you fancy something different
user0189391589
Rep:
(Original post by napqueen)
magaluf!! I've just been and i loved it, the strip is big enough for a big group to do and the hotels will be used to big groups. the strip is not as gross as people make out, the beach is still nice and palma isnt far if you fancy something different
Ah cool, we are looking for something like maga, still struggling to find any hotels for 17 year olds though
user104629164920
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
hey im 17 and off to maga next week, look at booking.com and on each hotel scroll down to the check in policy part, if it doesn’t say anything about needing an 18 then they’re probably already with a group of 17 year olds, to double check we emailed and they said all you need to do is bring a signed letter from a parent ! hope this helps
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Try emailing/ringing hotels you're interested in- some may let you stay if you get and show permission from parents
user0189391589
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by user104629164920)
hey im 17 and off to maga next week, look at booking.com and on each hotel scroll down to the check in policy part, if it doesn’t say anything about needing an 18 then they’re probably already with a group of 17 year olds, to double check we emailed and they said all you need to do is bring a signed letter from a parent ! hope this helps
Ah ok great, for the signed letter what did it have to say, or do they tend to give you a form?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads