Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what I mean is, can I walk from London Paddington station, across Hyde Park to the college in an almost straight line?

This carries on from my other thread but I just want to get the views of Imperial students, so I apologise for making another thread.

ReputationRep:
    yeah u can

that's how my cousin does it... from halls to campus...he said it takes about 30 mins

edit: sorry! just realised u only wanted views of imperial students... if it counts i walked down the same route once :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, of course you can. :p:

I'm an Imperial student, but I know someone with a better "view". I call him Google Maps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    Yes, of course you can. :p:

I'm an Imperial student, but I know someone with a better "view". I call him Google Maps
    I was just worried their'd be fences at the other end or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snobpence17)
    I was just worried their'd be fences at the other end or something.
    Don't worry, there are plenty o' gates.

ReputationRep:
    Yesssss :d

ReputationRep:
    Southside dude is where it's at, two minutes away.

If you find me I'll give you a tenner.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but only during daylight hours. If your interview ends when it's dark, you'd be better off tubing it from Gloucester Road. You can walk through the main road through the middle, but you'll probably just get lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Yes, but only during daylight hours. If your interview ends when it's dark, you'd be better off tubing it from Gloucester Road. You can walk through the main road through the middle, but you'll probably just get lost.
    From Gloucester Road straight to the London Paddington station? on the interview letter it says South Kensington is the nearest tube station? sorry I'm completely new to the whole tube thing.

ReputationRep:
    From Gloucester Road straight to the London Paddington station? on the interview letter it says South Kensington is the nearest tube station? sorry I'm completely new to the whole tube thing.
    Gloucester Road feels closer :p: Anyway, Gloucester Road is closer to Paddington on the circle line, so you may as well walk in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    It's very easy to get to Skempton from South Kensington tube station. Essentially just walk in a straight line from the tube station towards the museums, take a left before tanaka and you're at Civils

There's not much difference time-wise between Gloucester Road and S.Kensington, but because the route from Gloucester road involves more turns, you're more liable to get lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peel)
    It's very easy to get to Skempton from South Kensington tube station. Essentially just walk in a straight line from the tube station towards the museums, take a left before tanaka and you're at Civils

There's not much difference time-wise between Gloucester Road and S.Kensington, but because the route from Gloucester road involves more turns, you're more liable to get lost.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I walk through Kensington Gardens every single day!

*claps slowly for studyboy*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    *claps slowly for studyboy*

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Walking everyday across the place can be a tad boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyboy)
    I walk through Kensington Gardens every single day!
    Go clear your inbox.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what I mean is, can I walk from London Paddington station, across Hyde Park to the college in an almost straight line?

This carries on from my other thread but I just want to get the views of Imperial students, so I apologise for making another thread.
    If you are walking every day try to use Google Earth/Google map to look at the route carefully and see. There are always shorter ways to walk across Hyde park and the roads.

(Original post by studyboy)
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Walking everyday across the place can be a tad boring.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    :rolleyes:
    :ninja:

I like my corners just as much as the next person, but it's potentially a simpler route.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.e.r.e.n.e)
    Go clear your inbox.
    Cleared!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.