Biomedical science clearing

Watch this thread
procrastinating6
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

So I know that biomedical sciences is a very popular course in clearing due to students being rejected from medical school with high A level grades taking up spaces.

However, although I haven't yet received my A levels, after sitting my exams I know I just haven't got the grades to meet my offer and estimate I've got around ABC and therefore won't be able to meet my offer at Newcastle University of AAB.

Is there realistically a possibility of me getting onto a biomedical science course through clearing this year? An alternative similar course (eg. Biochemistry, Genetics etc) would also be okay with me.

Thanks for your help 😊
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
'Alternative course' is more likely than Biomed - as you have noted its a popular 5th choice for Medics - look for Genetics, Neuroscience, Pharmacology/Drug Discovery, Virology, Immunology, Cancer Biology, Natural Science (multi-science degree) or Chemistry (including 'Chemistry and....').
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (118)
40.41%
They're exactly what I expected (70)
23.97%