can you still get uni offers with low predicted grades.

Watch this thread
TSR student1
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
can I still get uni offers with low predicted grades. I got BBD
sxlimzz
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, it just depends on which university you'd like to attend, and what their entry requirements are.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
And what the D grade is in.

How to Avoid 5 Uni Rejections - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
Not Going to Uni - apprenticeships etc - https://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/
Mavis_S
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TSR student1)
can I still get uni offers with low predicted grades. I got BBD
You can apply for a foundation year. And once you get an offer make sure to attend the applicant experience day/ offer holder day as this will increase your chances of getting an unconditional offer. During the day also talk to the lecturers and ask questions. If there is an activity then take part in it so your name is in the system.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mavis_S)
And once you get an offer make sure to attend the applicant experience day/ offer holder day as this will increase your chances of getting an unconditional offer.
Unis do not make decisions like this based on 'attendance at a Visit Day'.
Mavis_S
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Unis do not make decisions like this based on 'attendance at a Visit Day'.
I'm just saying that as I had a conditional offer and went to the applicant experience day. I was then sent the results of the experiment I did in an email and was congratulated on my unconditional offer which I did not have at the time. The university then sent me an email a month later saying that they want to give me an unconditional offer.

There's no harm in trying as you never know what can happen.
TSR student1
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The D is in biology and I want to study psychology at university. Can I apply for universities whose entry requirements are ABB or BBB
Mavis_S
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TSR student1)
The D is in biology and I want to study psychology at university. Can I apply for universities whose entry requirements are ABB or BBB
You can check if there are universities that offer psychology and have contextual offers or a widening participation programme. That would mean that they could accept you even when you do not meet their official requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads