Are these good a levels to take?

Watch this thread
WORKHELP465
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
is this a good combination?
Computer science A Level
Business Studies A level
BTEC Information Technology
(reason maths isnt there is because im really bad at it even though i did higher gcse maths and got a 6)

these are my gcses:

Islamic studies (5)
Urdu Language (9)
English Language(6)
Maths higher(6)
and i sat Biology higher tier this year hoping to pass coz paper 2 was hard as!

anyways i am into coding and computer related stuff so pls anyone give me any suggestions. i wouldnt say i know alot about computing but i am interested and am learning Python at home.

i appreciate anyone who replies back

thanks
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WORKHELP465)
Computer science A Level
Business Studies A level
(reason maths isnt there is because im really bad at it even though i did higher gcse maths and got a 6)

these are my gcses:

Islamic studies (5)
Urdu Language (9)
English Language(6)
Maths higher(6)

anyways i am into coding and computer related stuff so pls anyone give me any suggestions. i wouldnt say i know alot about computing but i am interested and am learning Python at home.

thanks
Computer Scince and IT is not sensible; ditch IT and chose something else.
WORKHELP465
Rep:
why not IT? sorry im just curious
WORKHELP465
Rep:
i thought it might be easier
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Not with computer science
Cloudster
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Computer science A Level
Business Studies A level

these are my gcses:

Islamic studies (5)
Urdu Language (9)
English Language(6)
Maths higher(6)

thanks
You’re better off doing something a different alevel rather than btec IT, since you already have computer science. What other subjects do your school offer?
WORKHELP465
Rep:
(Original post by Cloudster)
You’re better off doing something a different alevel rather than btec IT, since you already have computer science. What other subjects do your school offer?
Was thinking of as level maths is that a good idea or not?
Cloudster
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Was thinking of as level maths is that a good idea or not?
You can do alevel maths, I don’t take it but I have friends who also got a grade 6 but found alevels maths quite hard. You mainly have to keep up with the workload
WORKHELP465
Rep:
(Original post by Cloudster)
You can do alevel maths, I don’t take it but I have friends who also got a grade 6 but found alevels maths quite hard. You mainly have to keep up with the workload
I dont want to end up failing a level maths tho. I am rubbish at maths trust me but im just doing it anyways tho. I know I need to have a positive mindset and think better but that's the truth
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I dont want to end up failing a level maths tho. I am rubbish at maths trust me but im just doing it anyways tho. I know I need to have a positive mindset and think better but that's the truth
If you feel like you're bad at Maths then why study it at A-level 🥴
WORKHELP465
Rep:
Ok then i have made 2 solid choices so far
Computer science
Business Studies
What do you think I should for the third?
Sorry if I come across angry im just really stressed coz there's alot of choices and decision making😫
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ok then i have made 2 solid choices so far
Computer science
Business Studies
What do you think I should for the third?
Sorry if I come across angry im just really stressed coz there's alot of choices and decision making😫
You could study Religious Studies or English Language because you did them at GCSE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads