How to break up / friendzone someone I am dating

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok, so I have been talking to a guy for like 7 - 8 months now, and about 3 - 4 months ago we said we started dating. He asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend, and at the time I had feelings for him but said I am not ready for a serious relationship because like we are 16. But then for the past month or so I stopped having feelings for him, or rather I saw him more as a friend, almost like another brother. I refrained from breaking up during GCSEs, but now they are over and prom is coming up and I'm not sure what to do - I feel guilty if I lead him on further and don't really want to go with him as a couple, but also feel that breaking up less than a week before is super harsh. What would you people say is the best option? 😭😐
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Let him know that you see him as an unofficial adopted brother not a date.
Make it very clear that you are not attracted to him and are only offering the option of platonic friendship.

He may prefer to move on and end all contact, online & offline.
If so, there is no chance of being friends.
Block him on social media and delete his phone number.
Switch your online accounts to private and don't respond to any messages or contact attempts from him.
Good luck!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ok thank you I will try that
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ok, so I have been talking to a guy for like 7 - 8 months now, and about 3 - 4 months ago we said we started dating. He asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend, and at the time I had feelings for him but said I am not ready for a serious relationship because like we are 16. But then for the past month or so I stopped having feelings for him, or rather I saw him more as a friend, almost like another brother. I refrained from breaking up during GCSEs, but now they are over and prom is coming up and I'm not sure what to do - I feel guilty if I lead him on further and don't really want to go with him as a couple, but also feel that breaking up less than a week before is super harsh. What would you people say is the best option? 😭😐
Just tell him.
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Your two options here are to either be honest with him and not go to prom with him, or tell him after prom. The first option is better imo because you'd be getting his hopes up if you went to prom with him (as a couple).
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Poor guy...brotherzoned : ((.
Alaska_Bear_25
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You did tell him earlier you're not ready for a serious relationship. It might hurt him but it would be worse leading him on and hurting him later down the lane. Tell him how you feel, that you don't have any romantic feelings for him anymore and don't see it going anywhere like that. Tell him that you wouldn't mind spending time with him platonically. It'll be okay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (147)
40.27%
They're exactly what I expected (91)
24.93%