The Student Room Group

Friend’s cousin

One of my friends was talking about her cousin today. Said she’s tall, pretty, kind, smart - the whole lot. As a half-joke, I said “she sounds like my type!” And my friend replied with “I think she’s available”.

I can’t get that out of my head now lol, especially once she told me that her cousin isn’t straight (bi/pan). I’ve not met her cousin, I don’t know her personally, but I’d really like to speak to her. At the very least, it sounds like she could be a valuable friend, as it sounds like we may have common interests.

Would it be okay for me to try to get in touch with her through my friend? I don’t know if that’s weird or what, but I really would like to meet her.

Btw I’m not single but my relationship isn’t great so I’m starting to think about ending things. I wouldn’t make a move or anything unless I’m single - strictly friendly until then! :smile:
Ngl it is unusual to approach a friend's cousin romantically :s-smilie:
Original post by rosy_posy
Ngl it is unusual to approach a friend's cousin romantically :s-smilie:

Yeah I know lol, I’m feeling awkward about it! I’d like to approach her as a friend and see how it goes as I’m not sure what she looks like, if I like her, etc. I just also don’t want to rule out flirting with her if I do like her, assuming it’s not inappropriate :/
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I know lol, I’m feeling awkward about it! I’d like to approach her as a friend and see how it goes as I’m not sure what she looks like, if I like her, etc. I just also don’t want to rule out flirting with her if I do like her, assuming it’s not inappropriate :/

If your friend is okay with it then it might not be an issue. You'd also need to see if you and her cousin suit each other's types. I get why you're excited but just slow down a bit bc you've not even met her yet! :smile:
Original post by rosy_posy
If your friend is okay with it then it might not be an issue. You'd also need to see if you and her cousin suit each other's types. I get why you're excited but just slow down a bit bc you've not even met her yet! :smile:

Of course, yeah, I’ll take it slow :tongue: I have a habit of rushing lol but I’m gonna take some time to think and talk to my friend about it and everything first :smile:
One of my friends was talking about her cousin today. Said she’s tall, pretty, kind, smart - the whole lot. As a half-joke, I said “she sounds like my type!” And my friend replied with “I think she’s available”.

I can’t get that out of my head now lol, especially once she told me that her cousin isn’t straight (bi/pan). I’ve not met her cousin, I don’t know her personally, but I’d really like to speak to her. At the very least, it sounds like she could be a valuable friend, as it sounds like we may have common interests.

Would it be okay for me to try to get in touch with her through my friend? I don’t know if that’s weird or what, but I really would like to meet her.

Btw I’m not single but my relationship isn’t great so I’m starting to think about ending things. I wouldn’t make a move or anything unless I’m single - strictly friendly until then! :smile:

If your friend seems okay with it, and you've ended your current relationship then try talking with her and see how it goes. Maybe don't talk to the cousin with any intention to maybe date at some point until you've proper ended your current relationship and given it some time. I don't think it would be weird for you to get in touch with her, if it makes it less awkward or makes you less nervous then get your friend to also come with - a little group kinda thing but giving you time to get to know the cousin too.
Original post by Alaska_Bear_25
If your friend seems okay with it, and you've ended your current relationship then try talking with her and see how it goes. Maybe don't talk to the cousin with any intention to maybe date at some point until you've proper ended your current relationship and given it some time. I don't think it would be weird for you to get in touch with her, if it makes it less awkward or makes you less nervous then get your friend to also come with - a little group kinda thing but giving you time to get to know the cousin too.

Okay, thank you! :smile:
Okay, thank you! :smile:

I'm glad I could help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending