so y13 is over. now what :/

Watch this thread
ashpritgcse2020
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
im literally bored please help i have had my mental break and want to work or do something but idk what to do
Spelunker
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
im probably going to try and find a job. found out that my maintenace loan dosent even cover all my acomodation for the year so im desperate :mad:
Doomotron
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashpritgcse2020)
im literally bored please help i have had my mental break and want to work or do something but idk what to do
I'm in a similar situation. I finished Year 13 a few weeks ago and feel bored. I only have one friend outside of school who isn't available most of the time and will soon be going on a long holiday with his family, so I spend most of my days... well, posting on TSR. I tried to meet another friend but she didn't want to, so I'm pretty lonely right now. I have jury service this time next month, so that's another bad thing for the summer. Ironic that this is meant to be the best summer of our lives...
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Get a job - any job. Earn some money ready for Uni, or use it to go travelling.
Do some volunteering - charity shops will welcome you.
This stuff gives you a reason to get up in the morning.

Get fit - do Couch to 5k https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercis...h-couch-to-5k/ and enter Race for Life or another Fun Run type event.
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Check out the summer job guide on TSR, it might be helpful
LJ234
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've planned a lot of things with friends, just day trips and things, I've tidied my room and done some other things round the house which have made me feel extremely productive (going through all your notes and filing them away or getting rid of them is very satisfying). You could get a job or do some volunteering. Through DofE I've been volunteering at Brownies so I'm doing that to help pass the time and then I have a residential for DofE in August too, so lots going on through that. Maybe you could volunteer at something similar or a charity shop or something? Do you have any money to purchase tickets to any concerts you might want to go to? Any films you want to see or day trips you want to do? Even simple things such as reading or another hobby may be worthwhile doing- I know I've been craving reading for so long lol
In the meantime, a job in a shop or a library or whatever tickles your fancy could be a more constant solution to boredom
Learner777
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Tbh I feel the same like a grey area. I was begging to stay at home and relax now I’m just bored.
hyacinth77
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm in a similar boat. I was really hyping up the summer after exams but after nearly two weeks I'm starting to think maybe it won't be a good summer after all. I did manage to get my first job interview for Saturday so hopefully things will improve from there on.

I'd say do anything that makes you happy. Make a list of books to read, films to watch, places to visit with friends, new foods to try. You could even pick up a new hobby like coding or sewing. Sky's the limit!
hyacinth77
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Spelunker)
im probably going to try and find a job. found out that my maintenace loan dosent even cover all my acomodation for the year so im desperate :mad:
Good luck, I hope you find a job soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads