Nursing at university

Watch this thread
amylh89
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone, I am starting university in September (adult nursing) I was wondering if anyone could recommend any books and other things I may need for my first year?
Emily_B
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by amylh89)
Hey everyone, I am starting university in September (adult nursing) I was wondering if anyone could recommend any books and other things I may need for my first year?
Books: whatever's on the university reading list. DO NOT go buying any, they're expensive never mind bulky. Anything books you need will either be given to you by the university, or available through the university library in either hard copy or eBook form.

The things you actually need:
- Smart, comfortable, durable shoes. These are absolutely essential for placement, and I can't express enough how important this is.
- Pens. Lots and lots and lots of pens. Preferably black biros. Essential for placement, and will invariably go missing (I can regularly start a shift with 2 black pens in my pocket and leave with 1. Did so today. No idea what happened to the other 2.)
- Fob watch. Can be bought cheap off amazon.
- a working laptop.
amylh89
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Emily_B)
Books: whatever's on the university reading list. DO NOT go buying any, they're expensive never mind bulky. Anything books you need will either be given to you by the university, or available through the university library in either hard copy or eBook form.

The things you actually need:
- Smart, comfortable, durable shoes. These are absolutely essential for placement, and I can't express enough how important this is.
- Pens. Lots and lots and lots of pens. Preferably black biros. Essential for placement, and will invariably go missing (I can regularly start a shift with 2 black pens in my pocket and leave with 1. Did so today. No idea what happened to the other 2.)
- Fob watch. Can be bought cheap off amazon.
- a working laptop.
Thanks Emily! I made the mistake of buying books for the access course, now I’m stuck with endless amounts of sociology and psychology books that I’ll never even touch again 🤣 the library at college was terrible though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (24)
18.32%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
23.66%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (71)
54.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.82%

Watched Threads