Law at Oxbridge

Watch this thread
will_coll
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am looking for some advice concerning A-Level choices. I am hoping to study law at oxbridge in the future but am first needing to choose my A-Levels. Currently, I have selected History, Politics, French and Maths (though I do have the opportunity to change) and I guess my question is: are these suitable subjects to choose, and am I losing out by not doing English. Though I am in no against English, I feel I would enjoy the other subjects more after looking at the courses and potential teaching arrangements, but is this a mistake and should I instead choose English.
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
English would help you out a lot with a Law application, as it shows you have good essay-writing skills. Maths wouldn't suit Law though
littlewenjunhui
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I was in the exact same boat as you when I started year 12 last September! I’m doing history, french and politics and I’m also planning on applying to law at Cambridge. Your subject choices are fine, you don’t need to pick english as history and politics are also pretty demanding essay subjects. French is also useful if you’re interested in doing law with french law.
I would advise against doing maths as I also chose it as a fourth option and ended up dropping it after a month because I couldn’t handle the workload, but if you’re confident in your time management skills then there’s no harm in trying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads