As level maths

Watch this thread
WORKHELP465
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone done as level maths?
If so can you tell me your experience and how you found it?
I am not good at maths but got a grade 6 in gcse. So I thought of not doing a level maths so is this a good choice for me?
y16koja_f
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WORKHELP465)
I am not good at maths but got a grade 6 in gcse. So I thought of not doing a level maths so is this a good choice for me?
Hi there!
I did Edexcel as level maths this year, and all I can suggest you is to practice exam questions specific to your exam board, after getting a good grasp of the material required for your exam. After each lesson you understood fully, try to introduce yourself to exam questions this would really benefit you towards your actual exam . This tip works like magic!
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WORKHELP465)
Unless you can identify and fix why you achieved a 6 and not better It is probably not a good choice for you. A 6 can be achieved with around 40% of the exam marks. It isn't a strong foundation for moving on to AS study. Can you ask your maths teacher for their opinion? Why are you considering it?
Last edited by gdunne42; 1 month ago
Anon346775
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I got a 5 at GCSE Maths, set 2 aimed for grade 5 in my school, higher maths and I did AS Level maths, was achieving As. Your GCSEs say nothing about you.
Last edited by Anon346775; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (28)
19.58%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (33)
23.08%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (75)
52.45%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.9%

Watched Threads