Uni of Northampton degree classification

Watch this thread
Ismaeeluk
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was wondering how is the degree classification worked in Northampton university. It says the mean and median will be calculated and whatever is the highest will be your given class? Does anyone know? Thanks
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
According to the details here, they seem to take the marks per module (weighted according to the credits the module is worth), and use those to calculate a percentage in each year.

They then apply the per-year weightings (which they say can vary by course) to get an overall percentage, and then map that to a degree classification in the usual way.

There are a few subtleties around rounding and borderline cases, but that's the essence of it.

I don't see anything on that page which says, "the mean and median will be calculated and whatever is the highest will be your given class". Is yours a postgraduate course, perhaps?
Ismaeeluk
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by DataVenia)
According to the details here, they seem to take the marks per module (weighted according to the credits the module is worth), and use those to calculate a percentage in each year.

They then apply the per-year weightings (which they say can vary by course) to get an overall percentage, and then map that to a degree classification in the usual way.

There are a few subtleties around rounding and borderline cases, but that's the essence of it.

I don't see anything on that page which says, "the mean and median will be calculated and whatever is the highest will be your given class". Is yours a postgraduate course, perhaps?
I think you looked at the wrong university that link was for Nottingham uni not Northampton uni
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ismaeeluk)
I think you looked at the wrong university that link was for Nottingham uni not Northampton uni
Ah, you're right. Apologies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
68.32%
In the post (4)
3.96%
Text (14)
13.86%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
13.86%

Watched Threads