Student Finance Overpayment

Watch this thread
josesh
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

Hope somebody can help me!

I started university last year and received my student finance for the first term. I dropped out of uni after around two months tho and decided to reapply for 2022-23. I recently applied for student finance but received an emailed today saying they would be deducting £3,000 from what I am entitled to for 2022-23 due to receiving this money last year. However, I had to pay £2k of this last year to the university for accommodation so I don’t have this money left over and then deducting this amount from my loan will make it incredibly difficult to live at uni in London next year. Any advice on what to do ?
vetphys1
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Your best way is to call SFE, things are very black and white by email but they're actually really insightful and helpful if you call. My uni were painful accepting SFE for my fees for some reason, and it took me and SFE about 2 months to get the tutoring fees sent over. The first email just said "we can't help, your university has rejected our payment" but when i rang, there was a lot of routes to take to rectify the issue. Just give them a call.

Worst case is that you will be deducted, which is simply because they did give that money and it was spent, whether you used the full amount or not, your uni will not return any fees so you may have to front that cost. It's not great, but i would prepare for that eventuality.

Sorry to hear you're having this trouble.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads