Turn on thread page Beta

..overdressed - peoples reactions watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophietrophy)
    ..yep - i wore something similar today...quite liking the preppy style at the mo! - perhaps Manchester is a bit more dressed down - lol :o: - i have all sorts of styles really - probably a bit of a fshion nightmare to be honest as i was very very restricted when i was at home by my mother - so when i got to manchester i started experimenting - lol!
    nooo, I would think Manchester is a pretty stylish place - although I've never visited. Take it as a compliment, people were probably impressed with your outfit, it sounds fabb from the other thread.

I understand what you mean re home. My situation;s a bit different coz I live in the Middle East out of term and whilst ppl do wear quite short hems etc, I feel rather uncomfortable because you do get looks. So it's nice to be at uni and wear what I want

ReputationRep:
    I love getting dressed up SO eyah, rather be over than under dressed no doubt about it

ReputationRep:
    I normally slightly overdress. Not a big fan of sloppiness.

ReputationRep:
    I overdress for most occasions. I like to look my best and if people are threatened by that, then it's their problem, not mine!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I overdress for most occasions. I like to look my best and if people are threatened by that, then it's their problem, not mine!
    I agree you can never be overdressed.:nah:

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean.
    I also feel more self conscious if I feel over dressed. I don't really understand why because surely you look nicer overdressed than underdressed, but meh, I still feel more worried.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.