Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

..overdressed - peoples reactions Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophietrophy)
    ..yep - i wore something similar today...quite liking the preppy style at the mo! - perhaps Manchester is a bit more dressed down - lol :o: - i have all sorts of styles really - probably a bit of a fshion nightmare to be honest as i was very very restricted when i was at home by my mother - so when i got to manchester i started experimenting - lol!
    nooo, I would think Manchester is a pretty stylish place - although I've never visited. Take it as a compliment, people were probably impressed with your outfit, it sounds fabb from the other thread.

I understand what you mean re home. My situation;s a bit different coz I live in the Middle East out of term and whilst ppl do wear quite short hems etc, I feel rather uncomfortable because you do get looks. So it's nice to be at uni and wear what I want

ReputationRep:
    I love getting dressed up SO eyah, rather be over than under dressed no doubt about it

ReputationRep:
    I normally slightly overdress. Not a big fan of sloppiness.

ReputationRep:
    I overdress for most occasions. I like to look my best and if people are threatened by that, then it's their problem, not mine!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I overdress for most occasions. I like to look my best and if people are threatened by that, then it's their problem, not mine!
    I agree you can never be overdressed.:nah:

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean.
    I also feel more self conscious if I feel over dressed. I don't really understand why because surely you look nicer overdressed than underdressed, but meh, I still feel more worried.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.