Masters interview help

Watch this thread
Abby99xox
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I’ve got my interview in the next couple of days for forensic psychology and I’m stressing out! Can anybody give me some advice with what the interviews are like? They said they’d also be going through my knowledge of research methods and statistics, does anyone know what this entails please? Any advice would be massively appreciated, thank you
Orwell84
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi, congratulations on getting an interview

Whilst, I don't know what a Forensic Masters interview involves (I did Mres social sciences), I imagine your knowledge and understanding of research methods and statistics will be based on a few things. Have you had experience of doing research methods at undergraduate? such as your dissertation or research based modules? Those factors will have introduced you to theoretical and practical knowledge such as the variables, measurements, formulas, statistical significance (P-value) , software (SPSS) and interpreting findings/analysis.

Again I don't know how the above may help but just think about your experiences with research methods and use of statistics within your degree so far; how could this help you with your Masters?

Hope this helps,

Good Luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.19%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.22%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.91%

Watched Threads