I miss primary school. Does anyone else relate?

Watch this thread
MagicKats
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I miss primary school so much.

I’m in Year 10, and I still can’t get over leaving primary school. I just feel like when I was in primary school, I felt way more happier and confident.
In primary school, I had so many friends, the teachers were funny and kind, the way we learnt was fun and way more effective for me, and not to mention how much I miss the playground

I know it’s kind of a silly thing to say because obviously when in secondary school things are going to be stricter as you’re older, but it doesn’t stop me from longing to go back to primary school.
Ever since I came to secondary, it’s felt like absolute hell. The homework, how mean the other students are, GCSE exams, stricter teachers, the lack of routine, etc…

I just feel like I miss primary school soooo much and would do anything to go back. At this point I’m excited for college because I’ll see my primary school friends who are going there and I’ll be able to do the subjects I enjoy and get out of this place. Can anyone else relate or give advice to get over primary school?
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I also missed primary school - but at the same time, I enjoyed progressing forward.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Nah I'm now an adult, every aspect of primary school would just feel like babying. The idea of 'doing anything to go back' sounds a bit much.
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hmm i miss not worrying about exams. and friendships were easier for me at that time. but I also remember feeling quite miserable for a lot of it, lol
dianna3007
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I miss primary school as well, it felt much easier and there wasn't anything to stress over. But I'm in college now and it's a lot more independent and it's more friendly as in everyone gets along so dont worry it does get better imo
nightingalegend
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i was miserable for most of primary school, lots of bullying and feeling left out so i don’t really miss it. i do miss certain parts but that’s it really
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads