annette13T
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just finished my IGCSE exams. I would like to do Forensic Science but I only took Chemistry and Physics (sciences) in O - Level, no Biology.is it possible to do Biology at A-Level and will I be able to get into a university ( to do Forensic Science) if I didn't do Biology at O-Level but I did in A-Level?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by annette13T)
I just finished my IGCSE exams. I would like to do Forensic Science but I only took Chemistry and Physics (sciences) in O - Level, no Biology.is it possible to do Biology at A-Level and will I be able to get into a university ( to do Forensic Science) if I didn't do Biology at O-Level but I did in A-Level?
I was curious as to whether Forensic Science courses actually required Biology (as you question seems to imply) - so I checked a few at random.

University of Cumbria's "BSC (HONS) - FORENSIC SCIENCE" requires, "A-levels: BBD-BBB to include Applied Science; Biology; Chemistry or Physics at C or above" (details here).

University of Kent's "Forensic Science - BSc (Hons)" requires, "BBB in 3 subjects including Chemistry or Biology" (details here).

Plymouth Marjon University's "BSc (Hons) Forensic Science" requires, "Three A-levels at grades BBC and above to include a Science Subject, preferably Chemistry or Biology but other sciences are also considered" (details here).

University of Winchester's "BSc (Hons) Forensic Science" requires, "104-120 UCAS tariff points, an A Level A*-C pass in Biology or Chemistry" (details here).

Note that none of these require Biology; they're happy with Chemistry and in one case Physics. Were you targeting a particular university which does mandate A level Biology?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads