Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so.simple)
    Even then they are so fussy. My next door neighbour got 6A*s and 4As and he still didn't get in.
    Do you know if he had really popular subjects? Because I expect they have few places available, even if his grades were so good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deep456)
    6 A*s
    Is it really that much (or about that much) though? My girlfriend's friend only got As and Bs and he wasn't given a place straight away (so clearly didn't do great in the exam) but then much later on he did yet he turned them down cause they only offered him 3 of the subjects he wanted to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kai4321)
    Is it really that much (or about that much) though? My girlfriend's friend only got As and Bs and he wasn't given a place straight away (so clearly didn't do great in the exam) but then much later on he did yet he turned them down cause they only offered him 3 of the subjects he wanted to do.
    That is waiting list, it follows a different criteria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deep456)
    That is waiting list, it follows a different criteria.
    Do you know the criteria the waiting list follows then?

ReputationRep:
    Did any of you get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kai4321)
    Do they put people on waiting lists and stuff because my girlfriend's friend who got in wasn't accepted straight away but much later on they gave him an offer but like I mentioned earlier on, he declined it.
    literally, i think i fu**ed up my quantative reasoning, i only finished three quarters of the section, but i think i did well in the non verabl and the verbal. Do u think i still have a shance of getting in as youve had experience

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.