The Student Room Group

what is the best uni for diagnostic radiography?

I'm applying for diagnostic radiography at Coventry University, De Montford, Uni of Leicester, Birmingham city uni and Sheffield Hallam. I want to know which one is the best for radiography as I may need to pick if I get more than one offer?
Reply 1
(Original post by Malaikah702) I'm applying for diagnostic radiography at Coventry University, De Montford, Uni of Leicester, Birmingham city uni and Sheffield Hallam. I want to know which one is the best for radiography as I may need to pick if I get more than one offer?

- omggg i'm applying to coventry, leicester and bcu too.
Original post by Malaikah702
I'm applying for diagnostic radiography at Coventry University, De Montford, Uni of Leicester, Birmingham city uni and Sheffield Hallam. I want to know which one is the best for radiography as I may need to pick if I get more than one offer?

In terms of job prospects it won't matter. The best uni is where you would like to live and would be happy with the facilities, clubs/societies, accommodation, etc. Also, look at where the placements are for each uni, and the travel and accommodation implications.
Original post by thwayba

- omggg i'm applying to coventry, leicester and bcu too.

There is a thread where this year's DR applicants are chatting:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7274751

Hello @Malaikah702!

I hope you are doing well. I'm Saba, I am currently a second year and a student ambassador for Coventry University. It is great to hear that you are considering Coventry University as one of your decisions! We have great facilities for radiography! In this course, you also become eligible to be a member of the Society of Radiographers (SoR).

Personally, what I like about the university is that they are one of the universities in the UK that send the most students to do placements and study abroad programs. For faculty of health & sciences, the university has strong partnerships with clinical placement providers where you can gain work experience and work on your employability.

On the other hand, the university is very supportive of study abroad programs as well. There are many programs with funding available for students, I am planning to do a summer school for example!

If you think about employability and practical experience while also doing academic study, Coventry can be a good choice as they are very supportive of it and they have specific teams for you to get support from.

The course also offers to do a 4- year integrated master’s MSci degree, with the final year of the MSci studied at master’s level which can be something that you might like if you want to have an academic path.

Hope this information helps, I wish you the best in your application process!

Kind Regards,

Saba
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest