The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I quite like the name Sophitia which reminds me of those names.
Reply 21
Athena would be fine, unusual.

Cydonia now... unfortunately, there used to be a swimming pool in my local town called the 'Cydonia Swimming Pool', and that's what the name conjures up for me.
Reply 22
The reason I picked these names was because of greek mythology
Reply 23
Oh no; they'd be terribly teased for being named after a tsr user
Athena (in greek mythology) was born in a seriously messed up way. Zeus ate her mother and then Athena was born out of Zeus' head when it was cracked open with an axe.

It is a pretty name though.
I actually quite like both names. Athena is nicer, but I think Cydonia is quite pretty too. The only problem is that it's a bit of a mouthful and I don't know what it could be shortened to.
Reply 26
PirateGirl
Athena (in greek mythology) was born in a seriously messed up way. Zeus ate her mother and then Athena was born out of Zeus' head when it was cracked open with an axe.

It is a pretty name though.

Yeah, but most Greek gods were born in a messed up way. Think Dionysus..
Reply 27
Charlski

:mad:
Reply 28
Dionysus
:mad:

:p: I apologise.
Athena's lovely, Cydonia not so much, it just reminds me of the song.
Charlski

You don't see many children named after Greek gods for a reason, really.
Sephirot10

Call them Huitzilopochtezcatlipocxipetoltec. Theres a bitchin name

I totally get frist dibs on that name.. it's unisex too!
Reply 32
geminibubblegum
I totally get frist dibs on that name.. it's unisex too!

My Nahuatl is to the level of a dyslexic four year old, but I think the feminine version of that monstrosity (literally translated as: Our lord the flayed one, the smoking mirrored hummingbird on the left) would be Huitzilopochtezcatlipocxipetolteca
Athena is lovely, Cydonia sounds like a poisonous chemical.
Reply 34
Athena's alright, Cydonia sounds evil (like cyanide).
Reply 35
CatatonicStupor
Athena - go for it - it's a name. It's a Goddess, so therefore if anyone asks, you can babble on about hoping for wisdom and such - I mean, my name was chosen for its meaning rather than the 'ring' to it - since my forename means "Defender of Men", from the Greek Alexandros.

Cydonia...you're asking for trouble, as this is the generation where Knights of Cydonia was very popular...and at the worst end of the scale, they'll think you just have a fascination with the region of Mars that bears the same name...

And Alexandros is derived from Heras (Alex is my first name to)
I think Minerva is a nice greek name, but it sound a bit old-lady-ish.
Athena's ok but Cydonia is lame.
Reply 37
Athena's nice. I thought it said Anthea first, which I don't like, even though they're not much different! :p:
Reply 38
PirateGirl

:lolwut:
Reply 39
Athena's nice... I think Chloe, Maia or Rhea are good too, if you want names from Greek mythology.

No to Cydonia, though. I agree with the people who said it sounds like a chemical.

Latest

Trending

Trending