How long is the ban from exams for cheaters?

Watch this thread
Entoco
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was invigilating for a school and some guy decided to whip out his phone and cheat on an A-Level Biology exam. He got caught and was disqualified. I am pretty sure he gets a ban from doing exams or something of the sort. How long is it normally? 5 years?
I really feel bad for the guy.
toxicgamage56
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Are you sure the ban wasn't for you?
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Never heard of that, but I assume any relevant information will be provided to the parties involved.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Look up the JCQ malpractice documents, they have examples of penalties applied in past exams.
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It was you who did this, wasn’t it.
_gcx
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Never heard of that, but I assume any relevant information will be provided to the parties involved.
its sanction 9 on JCQ's scale
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Thanks

I assume the OPs "friend" will have been sent instructions about what the sanction they got was so, who knows what it is/will be.
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Entoco)
I was invigilating for a school and some guy decided to whip out his phone and cheat on an A-Level Biology exam. He got caught and was disqualified. I am pretty sure he gets a ban from doing exams or something of the sort. How long is it normally? 5 years?
Hmm, aren't you an A-level student yourself?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This is the first time I’ve seen an op pretend to be an invigilator. At least own up to your mistakes. I’m quite sure that an invigilator would know the procedure but incase you’re unsure, you get banned from the exam board for life.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
From taking GCSE's to invigilating within 3 years. Truly the OP is a bone fide success story.
Spelunker
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
congrats on being the youngest ever invigulator! someone call guniess book of world records
Entoco
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
From taking GCSE's to invigilating within 3 years. Truly the OP is a bone fide success story.
I took GCSEs in 2019, started A-Levels in 2019 until 2021, took a gap year and did invigilating this May to June. I don't see anything wrong with this timing.
Entoco
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
This is the first time I’ve seen an op pretend to be an invigilator. At least own up to your mistakes. I’m quite sure that an invigilator would know the procedure but incase you’re unsure, you get banned from the exam board for life.
Invigilating is a job that requires little experience. If you look on indeed or reed, you'll see employers saying that. I was a temporary invigilator for a company, not a full-time or whatever for a specific school.
Entoco
Rep:
(Original post by _gcx)
Thanks.
(Original post by toxicgamage56)
Are you sure the ban wasn't for you?
I would've probably posted this question anonymously instead.
cc2k22
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
invigilators are taught this during training lol
toxicgamage56
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thanks.

Fair enough. It just sounded like a fake background story I would give if I was in this situation lol.
Amanda Mbekela
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
5 years is not normally it is a lot of years to be disqualified can he talk to the lecture about the disqualifiement
DarylO
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thanks.

Hmm. I guess so. The general answer seems to depend on the severity of the malpractice. I remember there was a school where the teacher told the students the questions. They were disqualified permanently from all A Levels. Another was made to resit for bringing in notes. That's all hearsay so the truth might have been embellished. Your best bet would be checking the board's website. However, the common answer I saw was having your papers for that year cancelled so you had to retake either that subject or all your subjects.
Ellie_thomas
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If they were willing to do something so silly, chances are they weren't going to pass this exam anyway 😅
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads