Urgent about MSc

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there...I have a degree in BSc Biomedical science (2:1), I am really interred in applying for an MSc at imperial. There are some courses with minimum requirement of 2:1 and some with 2:2. As I have a 2:1, what's your advice as in should I apply to courses with 2:1 or 2:2 requirement to maximise my chances of getting in. As I can apply to a maximum of two courses, I am interesting in Cardiovascular and respiratory healthcare (minimum requirement 2:1) and molecular medicine (minimus requirement 2:2). However, I am scared what if I don't get in so should I go with Immunology (minimum requirement 2:2 as well) instead of cardiovascular? Thanks in advance.
Anonymous #1
??
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there...I have a degree in BSc Biomedical science (2:1), I am really interred in applying for an MSc at imperial. There are some courses with minimum requirement of 2:1 and some with 2:2. As I have a 2:1, what's your advice as in should I apply to courses with 2:1 or 2:2 requirement to maximise my chances of getting in. As I can apply to a maximum of two courses, I am interesting in Cardiovascular and respiratory healthcare (minimum requirement 2:1) and molecular medicine (minimus requirement 2:2). However, I am scared what if I don't get in so should I go with Immunology (minimum requirement 2:2 as well) instead of cardiovascular? Thanks in advance.
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
??
There is no need to bump this thread after less than one day. You should not bump your thread for at least one day to start with and thereafter not more than once every 12 hours unless it is no longer on the front page of the forum you posted it in (and since the oldest thread on the front page of the Imperial forum is over a month old, it certainly was).

I also don't see why this had to be made on anon. The anon function is there for people posting questions involving sensitive or potentially personally identifying information, not basic questions about entry criteria. Please do not abuse the anon function.

In any case to answer your question, apply to the one you want to do. Masters applications are much less competitive than undergraduate applications as they mainly exist as a cash cow for unis to take in tuition fees. Since they aren't funded the competition is much lower because very few can actually afford to do a masters in the first place. If you already have the 2:1 then you may as well just apply to the one requiring a 2:1 off the bat.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by artful_lounger)
There is no need to bump this thread after less than one day. You should not bump your thread for at least one day to start with and thereafter not more than once every 12 hours unless it is no longer on the front page of the forum you posted it in (and since the oldest thread on the front page of the Imperial forum is over a month old, it certainly was).

I also don't see why this had to be made on anon. The anon function is there for people posting questions involving sensitive or potentially personally identifying information, not basic questions about entry criteria. Please do not abuse the anon function.

In any case to answer your question, apply to the one you want to do. Masters applications are much less competitive than undergraduate applications as they mainly exist as a cash cow for unis to take in tuition fees. Since they aren't funded the competition is much lower because very few can actually afford to do a masters in the first place. If you already have the 2:1 then you may as well just apply to the one requiring a 2:1 off the bat.
I apologise for that ...I will be careful next time.

thanks for the info! is there a personal statement review service available here at TSR for Imperial application?
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
TSR runs a free personal statement review status for established members, which you can read more about here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4237154

However it's primarily targeted at undergraduate UCAS personal statements so they may be more limited in the advice they can give or may find they don't have a suitable reviewer available. But you can always submit one to be sure

You must only submit your personal statement in this forum: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1372

That forum is private so it can't be read by others and isn't cached by google, which ensures that it won't get flagged for plagiarism! Make sure to read the information on the first link so you know what to submit and how though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads