The Student Room Group

SAAS eligibility

So I am trying to find out whether or not I am eligible for SAAS and I cannot find a straight answer elsewhere online as my situation is quite specific.

Basically, I am about to complete a Bsc degree from a scottish university which was funded by Student Finance England as I am English, however I am hoping to get into the graduate entry medicine course in Scotland (St Andrews). I know for this degree I can get the return of service bursary.

However, because this is the only accelerated course in Scotland, I want to widen my choices and also apply to the undergraduate courses in Glasgow and Edinburgh - but I can only do this if I get a loan. Would I be able to get SAAS for this? Because of my first degree I will have lived here four years and I intend to stay in Scotland, however I am unsure how I will be able to prove that.
Reply 1
Hi there,

Not sure if this will be of help, however this is what I was able to find online.

Eligibility for Student Finance; to qualify for all three of the free tuition fees, student loan and bursaries, you must meet the SAAS eligibility criteria:

You have lived in the UK for at least three years prior to the start of your course
You are 'ordinarily' resident in Scotland on a specified date (typically 1st August for courses starting in the autumn term)
You have 'settled status' in the UK on the relevant date.

This means you must live in Scotland full-time and out of choice, NOT just for your education.

Quick Reply

Latest