recent break up

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i just got dumped, things felt fine the whole day we were laughing and making jokes etc but then this evening he told me he thinks we should break up. he said he likes me but isn’t happy anymore. i don’t fully understand how that works. i used to be so insecure and not trust that he actually liked me so i kept asking but i changed the past few days, i would’ve done anything for him i know that he still likes me and ive told him how i feel about him but all he said was “i have nothing else to say to you” i told him that i needed him and he said “i don’t need you” he’s too stubborn to understand that when he was doing his exams and i only got 4 messages a day from him, that was hurting my feelings because i thought he didn’t like me so i kept asking and he kept saying he did but he finished his exams last week so i started feeling happier and i no longer needed to ask because i knew that he did like me and so i thought things were getting better but he’s got some preconceived idea in his head now even though i’ve changed that i’ll keep making him feel guilty
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i just got dumped, things felt fine the whole day we were laughing and making jokes etc but then this evening he told me he thinks we should break up. he said he likes me but isn’t happy anymore. i don’t fully understand how that works. i used to be so insecure and not trust that he actually liked me so i kept asking but i changed the past few days, i would’ve done anything for him i know that he still likes me and ive told him how i feel about him but all he said was “i have nothing else to say to you” i told him that i needed him and he said “i don’t need you” he’s too stubborn to understand that when he was doing his exams and i only got 4 messages a day from him, that was hurting my feelings because i thought he didn’t like me so i kept asking and he kept saying he did but he finished his exams last week so i started feeling happier and i no longer needed to ask because i knew that he did like me and so i thought things were getting better but he’s got some preconceived idea in his head now even though i’ve changed that i’ll keep making him feel guilty
I'm sorry he left you :console:
How long have you been with him? The best thing for you to do is move on. Spend time on yourself, learn what you want in life, in a relationship and in a guy. Do some hobbies, enjoy your time alone, before finding someone new.
If you want to talk about anything PM me x :hugs:
you'll get through this
DarylO
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think he felt smothered. Honestly, 4 messages a day during exams is a lot more than I would have been able to do. The stress of exams and having to reassure you got to him. Maybe you need more contact than he's used to giving and he got overwhelmed. I know you meant no harm but that's the painful side of having different personalities and different love languages. Sometimes, those differences are just too much for one side to ignore. I'm really sorry you're going through this but there's really nothing to do here. He made up his mind. You have to respect that and carry on. If you push, he might take you back and dump you again if he ever feels overwhelmed again. That would be even more heartbreaking. Focus on you. Spend time doing the things you like, anything to make healing easier. But it's best to let things go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads