Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    -Where in Cambridge can I get a cheap padlock for my cupboard?
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Argos - Grafton.
    Do Argos sell padlocks?

But if not or if you can't face the walk then Timpsons on the edge of Lion Yard will sell them. Not really cheap, but still I don't think more than £5 for a small one.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    There's no need to panic min, not until January! Just take a deep breath and relax! (and realistically its pointless starting a new thread for the amount of people it relates to and the amount of chat there can actually be about it, particularly at this stage)

ReputationRep:
    Off to the library to read more Sartre and Marxism I've decided that the reading part is definitely my favourite mode of work. Also I'm in a good mood because the uber-essay is off my mind till tomorrow, and hall had exactly one piece left of my favourite carrot cake, which I subsequently engulfed :teeth:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Do Argos sell padlocks?

But if not or if you can't face the walk then Timpsons on the edge of Lion Yard will sell them. Not really cheap, but still I don't think more than £5 for a small one.
    Seem's so :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yay Athena!
    (Original post by Nina)
    There's no need to panic min, not until January! Just take a deep breath and relax! (and realistically its pointless starting a new thread for the amount of people it relates to and the amount of chat there can actually be about it, particularly at this stage)
    The subforum is an ok place for one hypothetically, though..

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes.. that place exists :hmmmm:

Right! Laters :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    ah no, it's finee, i didn't mean to grumble. I'm feeling like i'm horrendously unproductive and I've just realised a few minutes ago that I missed going to a talk yesterday that I REALLY wanted to go to and I kept thinking 'I'm missing something' all of yesterday and then I remembered today :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It's ok, I just dont want you to panic when you don't need to! have you filled out all the boring bits of the form? You can always do that as it takes no effort and you might feel productive! I'm going to run away and attempt to start reading for my diss. Eek.

(and yes Athena a thread probably should be in the postgrad forum)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    I'm a Cambridge applicant now :afraid:
    Congratulations We own you now :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I have no money and no food. This could potentially be a problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)

Live off meal credit for the rest of the term? Become Christian if you aren't already and go for all the free dinners they host?
    Yeah, I'm fine with meals at regular times, but tomorrow and the night after I'm going to miss hall because I'm front of house for our Freshers play*, which means I'm setting up and selling tickets all the way through fooding time. I think I may have to borrow until Monday when all my standing orders come through Now is a slight issue though... My friends are all either formalling or in the bar, so there's no-one around to scrounge off. Woe is me

*Which you should all come to by the way It got a four star review in Varsity! And it's only £4! And it's good! And you get to buy your tickets from me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    I'm going to Trinity Formal tonight :yep: . Should be good.
    It wasn't was it? Why was everything so salty??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eye)
    The Schrödinger equation works perfectly for as many electrons as you want. It just can't be solved.
    Ah yes, that'd be it. My expertise extends to only as far as having done 1A chemistry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    It's ok, I just dont want you to panic when you don't need to! have you filled out all the boring bits of the form? You can always do that as it takes no effort and you might feel productive! I'm going to run away and attempt to start reading for my diss. Eek.

(and yes Athena a thread probably should be in the postgrad forum)
    noooo I'm trying to the 'big' bits first. The boring bits I shall do when I have odd moments and mainly over the hols when I'm bored with revision over the holiday. That said, I will do some of teh boring bits between now and leaving - I've realised that with supervisions done and just a few lectures left my 'holidays' have begun, so it's :work: time

ReputationRep:
    I was about to open my mouth and ask questions about applying for postgrad, but I've just shut it again realising that I could just as well poke my head into the forum if I care... There may even be stickies devoted to the very questions I was about to ask :p:

We went to the most awful talk tonight. It was embarrassingly awful, especially as nobody realised it was awful and went along with the most retarded questions on the planet :dry: I would moan that it was a waste of time, but the alternative was the library, and I literally nearly fell asleep on top of Sartre, which made talk + bed a sensible alternative.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Dont worry Craggy, when I first poked my head in I asked lots of stupid questions, but people are much more forgiving in there. I assume its because it isnt all standardised like UCAS.

That's a good tactic minimo, and probably a better one than what I was suggesting.

ReputationRep:
    I love filling out forms :o:

ReputationRep:
    Well I wouldn't, but a couple of weeks ago there was an issue with timetabling and the guy who runs them thought my friend and I had skipped one, and emailed us and our DoS and said that we'd have to pay for any sessions we'd missed out of our own pocket, I think probably because college pays extra for them So I have to go and continue sleeping all the way through them.
    I guess I have the same guy...he sent my friend a similiar email when he missed a session because he was in bed with a migraine. And I do find them interesting, it's just that I don't understand very much and it feels like I should spend more time working on my degree stuff. And we have to read Nietzsche over the vacation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    It wasn't was it? Why was everything so salty??
    Salty? Well, I guess the fish thingie was a bit salty, but I really liked the rest, especially the gravy :yep: . And the hall is really nice, I've never been there before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I love filling out forms :o:
    oh me too, it's so theraputic isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    oh me too, it's so theraputic isn't it?
    And far better than pressing work...

Right. Ok..

Where do you get these postgrad forms then? :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.