Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    @all the other maths freshers on here: I don't think I know who you are... is it easy to spot you in lectures, e.g. do you wear anything flashy or always sit in the same places?

smilepea, I think I have met a Caius mathematicians at the Careers Service last Monday... it wasn't you, was it?

ReputationRep:
    I usually arrive for lectures by 9:45, and I normally sit in the centre-back, on the right (facing the board). I don't know how easy I am to spot though, but if you see a short Chinese guy, chances are good it's me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    I'm seriously considering going to gay life tonight. Hmmm...might text some people
    It's not worth it :nah: This is the first week I've not gone, & I can't say I'm missing it much...

(I'll still be going next week though!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm panicking muchly *looks at her calendar and tries to keep all her thoughts moving in a sequential order*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    Not to be creepy, but I think I've figured out who you are. And if I'm right, we've spoken. :ninja:

I usually wear a Grey coat, sit in the central part and sometimes sit next to Tolya (sp?) - who goes to Fitz.
    I think I might know who you are then... I usually wear a white-blue waterproof jacket and carry my blue bike helmet with me. Chances are, that on at least 66% of all days, I don't have time to shave in the morning, so that's probably another distinguishing factor . But I guess you already figured that out, there aren't too many mathematicians with bad German accents here at Fitz :p: ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I'm panicking muchly *looks at her calendar and tries to keep all her thoughts moving in a sequential order*
    *sends positive vibes and hot choc*

ReputationRep:
    I was back in Peterhouse for some more wine-related fun tonight - thought about texting you to say hi, but I doubt you'd have been best pleased given your workload!

Is it getting better at all? :o:

ReputationRep:
    For me, it's now got to the stage where I am so overwhelmed with work that I just can't concentrate on doing any of it. There's too much to think about, so I waste time doing other things rather than face up to it all.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, thanks guys. Its not actually that bad, but it does mean that from now I will have to work every day all day and not lounge around doing nothing if there are 30min gaps between a lecture and a supervision or whatever. If I do that for three weeks, then I won't have to pull any all nighters I just need to be organised. And its getting worse not better, but that's what happens if it takes two weeks to find out who your supervisors are at the start of term, and then the only piece of work that matters is due in at the end :p: Naturally its all kind of lumped into November.

On the plus side: you know those tokens in Varsity for getting free Fitzbillies Chelsea buns if you spend over £2? Well my free chelsea bun is enormous :eek: I think she accidentally broke off half of one of the other buns when fishing it off the plate for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb914)
    For me, it's now got to the stage where I am so overwhelmed with work that I just can't concentrate on doing any of it. There's too much to think about, so I waste time doing other things rather than face up to it all.
    :console: I had that last year. I might have that in a week or two. All the lawyers I know are hideously overworked.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised (well, remembered) that I'm going to have to write reasearch proposally thingies for my masters apps. oops.

I've down nearly nothing today. Why am I such a waste of space? Oh well, tomorrow can only be better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    :hugs: for the Cragster and everyone having rubbish days

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-12377,00.html this will make you smile, it sure made me
    :rofl: Have you cheered up?

Edit: you'll do the work somewhen.... as I'm now finding out.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, thanks guys. Its not actually that bad, but it does mean that from now I will have to work every day all day and not lounge around doing nothing if there are 30min gaps between a lecture and a supervision or whatever. If I do that for three weeks, then I won't have to pull any all nighters I just need to be organised. And its getting worse not better, but that's what happens if it takes two weeks to find out who your supervisors are at the start of term, and then the only piece of work that matters is due in at the end :p: Naturally its all kind of lumped into November.

On the plus side: you know those tokens in Varsity for getting free Fitzbillies Chelsea buns if you spend over £2? Well my free chelsea bun is enormous :eek: I think she accidentally broke off half of one of the other buns when fishing it off the plate for me.
    :console:
    Actually why am I consoling you? You have a chelsea bun, ergo your life is immeasurably happier than mine

Although I have had aa very very good evening. After my disastrous supervision I went to a practice with the Cambridge Morris Men. I was going out of a sense of curiosity and tradition mainly, I had never done it before, it appealed to me in a strange way and my grandfather did it. In the event I really did enjoy it So yeah, that's tuesdays gone. As well as mondays (Bridge) thursdays (ceilidh band) and fridays (bellringing). It is enormmously tempting to use up wednesdays as well, but I think I'll leave that for next term :o:

I then went to Smokers, which was really very very funny, as one might expect. One of the funniest was a fresher, actually, doing standup. MML, name of Joe or John, or something beginning with J. Or perhaps a different letter. Anyway, it was good.

ReputationRep:
    :console: I had that last year. I might have that in a week or two. All the lawyers I know are hideously overworked.
    Thanks. Hope your work goes okay over the next few weeks, seems like you have it all well organised any way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Magdalene formal = candles = LBC with wax on.
    LBC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    LBC?
    I was just thinking the same....

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    :console:
    Actually why am I consoling you? You have a chelsea bun, ergo your life is immeasurably happier than mine
    Well if you were a good boy and collected all of your Fitzbillies coupons from Varsity... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Why did I eat it all? :coma: I should have given it to you, uke

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

Well if you were a good boy and collected all of your Fitzbillies coupons from Varsity... :dontknow:

Just found last week's Varsity and got the voucher from there . Funnily enough, I now have a voucher for a free chelsea bun that has a story about Durex donating 10000 condoms to CUSU on the other side.

ReputationRep:
    Lol!

That instantly reminds me of Porterhouse Blue of course. I watched it for the first time this term. Last year when they showed it I was suffocating under Leviathan, if I remember rightly, and couldn't go :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.