Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    So...
    I've discovered that Part II is distinguished from Part I in that you actually have to think bloody hard.
    OMG please don't demean my pain!!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You're forgiven then Visesh - we never did go for that drink either!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    From what I gather from Craggy
    part 1 difficulty = volume of work
    part 2 difficulty = content of work?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't find Part II that hard :o:

I'm probably just retarded and incapable of doing impressive pieces of work, though tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    From what I gather from Craggy
    part 1 difficulty = volume of work
    part 2 difficulty = content of work?
    Exactly :yep:
    Although this is my experience of the course, and I in no way suggest that it has to deny someone else's experience.

Otherwise it would be quite hypocritical of me to get worked up every time someone says SPS is a pisstake :p:
    Not in the least!
    Last year was a matter of sheer survival and physical endurance. This year is about challenge, stimulation and intrigue..with occasional interjections of panic.

(Original post by minimo)
    I didn't find Part II that hard :o:
    You haven't finished Part II yet :p:
    And not to say anything about your subject (which I obviously have little experience of) - but we can't really compare, as the different streams are an entirely different kettle of fish. Different discipline, approach, content, etc.

ReputationRep:
    This topic is a bit like someone placed a very knotted ball of string with multiple strands inside on my lap and asked me to work it loose :>.<:

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm done for the term with regards to reading... still got to write two essays though.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly :yep:
    Although this is my experience of the course, and I in no way suggest that it has to deny someone else's experience.

Otherwise it would be quite hypocritical of me to get worked up every time someone says SPS is a pisstake :p:
    Not in the least!
    Last year was a matter of sheer survival and physical endurance. This year is about challenge, stimulation and intrigue..with occasional interjections of panic.

You haven't finished Part II yet :p:
    And not to say anything about your subject (which I obviously have little experience of) - but we can't really compare, as the different streams are an entirely different kettle of fish. Different discipline, approach, content, etc.
    sorry, I meant Part IIa :p:

But I agree strongly. I think if you choose contemporary politics modules the way I tend to, it's nowhere near as hard as struggling through Marx etc.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    This topic is a bit like someone placed a very knotted ball of string with multiple strands inside on my lap and asked me to work it loose :>.<:
    That, in essence, is Marxism. And probably how he convinced people that he wasn't talking utter ********.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    That, in essence, is Marxism. And probably how he convinced people that he wasn't talking utter ********.
    Lol. I find Althusser useful! "Early Marx doesn't count" Problem solved :^^:

..but Sartre is disagreeing with me :reaper: (smiley - directed at Sartre not me!)

I'm taking the Camchat Philosophy department's advice though - forcing it all to back up my view! :judge:

ReputationRep:
    I like doing that

I probably wouldn't be any help with Satre though

ReputationRep:
    The Churchill Ball people want me to sing at their ball, but they want me to buy a discounted ticket? Is this normal practice or should I ask them to buy me the whole ticket?

ReputationRep:
    The Churchill Ball people want me to sing at their ball, but they want me to buy a discounted ticket? Is this normal practice or should I ask them to buy me the whole ticket?
    I don't know what's normal, but having to pay to work for them seems a bit odd.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    No way! Tell them you want a whole ticket.

ReputationRep:
    Boo, can someone text KT and tell her the xmas do is off? she said she had wanted to come but seeing as it sounded like it might be just 2-3 of us in my room over mince pies it felt a bit lame!

ReputationRep:
    It just took me 3 hours to translate 14 sentences of Russian. My sense of achievement on finishing it was undermined by my counting of the sentences In my defense, it was hard Russian...

Back to the library

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Got it!

Spoiler:
    Show
    The trick was splitting the beam into two with the attractor in just the right place....

Oddly, 3:5 and 3:6 are really easy though.
    You couldn't be any more specific could you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Boo, can someone text KT and tell her the xmas do is off? she said she had wanted to come but seeing as it sounded like it might be just 2-3 of us in my room over mince pies it felt a bit lame!
    Erk! Sorry minimo
    I think the last few days is probably pretty crazy for everyone though. And I don't know about everyone else, but it seems like every social group in the University schedule something for the last week :dry:
    Rubbishness!

Well.. wordcount: 0 , but I have my convoluted essay plan and I feel quite smug, even though its going to be a looong night.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Zoe!
    Definitely demand it free!
    Wow, you must be good then! (sorry haven't heard you obviously) What style of music do you play/sing?

Curses!!! I really wish I had a stock of red bulls in my cupboard like I had last year. I wanted not to need them obviously, and clearly I've been victorious for 7 weeks, but it had the last laugh in the end :coffee:

Only 2500 to go :p:

ReputationRep:
    Erk! Sorry minimo
    I think the last few days is probably pretty crazy for everyone though. And I don't know about everyone else, but it seems like every social group in the University schedule something for the last week :dry:
    Rubbishness!

Well.. wordcount: 0 , but I have my convoluted essay plan and I feel quite smug, even though its going to be a looong night.
    it's okieeee, It's not like it was *my* party or anything, I was just hosting :p: so it's honestly no biggie.

Hope work goes ok for you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.