Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. It should once I get off of this machine. I'm going to remove myself from TSR with hourly breaks.

Speak later :work:

ReputationRep:
    It seems something I've taken as self-evident for a long time is actually wrong.

*thinks he will not be choosing a probability question in the exam*

ReputationRep:
    I've finished essays for the term! Having two essays to do in two days has not been fun - sorry I couldn't come to the party. I've still got a lot more work to do though. I don't know how I managed to pile up all my work for the last weekend of term

I do love your avatar, minimo :p: I think I'm having P&P withdrawal symptoms - must see the mini series again over the Christmas break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    It seems something I've taken as self-evident for a long time is actually wrong.

*thinks he will not be choosing a probability question in the exam*
    Bleh, probability is always like that, look at the Monty Hall problem.

Word count: 460.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    I've finished essays for the term! Having two essays to do in two days has not been fun - sorry I couldn't come to the party. I've still got a lot more work to do though. I don't know how I managed to pile up all my work for the last weekend of term

I do love your avatar, minimo :p: I think I'm having P&P withdrawal symptoms - must see the mini series again over the Christmas break.
    tbh I think Firthy would give Scrooge a run for his money with his look in that pic but y'know... :nutcase:

(Original post by Craghyrax)
    :work:
    Thank you for the rep Craggy :hugs: and we shall sort something out next term fo' sure.

ahh I'm all pepped up atm, basically holiday work starts tomorrow. Tonight I shall log out from TSR and see how long I can wait until I log back on. Not long till I go home now either. I'll be very happy to have a 'break'.

EDIT screw logging out. I will work and have TSR dammit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    You couldn't be any more specific could you?
    No :p: It's no fun being told the answer!

Though I can destroy any remaining self-esteem you might have had by telling you my 10-year-old sister also managed to finish the whole demo.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I sent it to my (older) sister and she had no idea how to complete the first level... I'm stuck on 3:6, or at least, that's where I stopped last time. Anyway, I'm kind of going round and round in circles with this essay, talking about the sort of things that people call apples... hmm.

Edit: Oh, 3:6 is the last real level in the demo. Hmm, need to get the full game when it comes out.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no - now comes my payback.
    All term I've been waylaying my housemate by engaging in long conversations over tea in our mutual kitchen when we were meant to be working. I'm sure I got in the way of his work constantly! Now - when I'm actually focused and in desperate need to write like a madwoman, I went down to get much-needed caffeine, and got stuck in a long conversation! He's just finished all his work for the term - and decided to have a debate about how academic an essay is based on the style of referencing used and the degree of quotation :confused: (He's a historian)

*mutters* Ok - introduction needs to be completed by 1! :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    Wow, this game is so cool.
    My friend showed it to me this evening. I am so taking my laptop to the wards tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    It seems not to work with swfdec

ReputationRep:
    Wow, it just took me 6 hours to produce just under 5 pages of handwritten Russian, 2 and a half of which were double spaced. I don't think I'll be counting my work anymore, it distresses me that it's so materially unproductive when I feel like my brain's been put through the wringer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Good luck Zoe!

Definitely demand it free!
    Wow, you must be good then! (sorry haven't heard you obviously) What style of music do you play/sing?

Curses!!! I really wish I had a stock of red bulls in my cupboard like I had last year. I wanted not to need them obviously, and clearly I've been victorious for 7 weeks, but it had the last laugh in the end :coffee:

Only 2500 to go :p:
    I have - not sure how they'll resond . I do folky-acoustic stuff - it's my favourite thing in the world, and I'm glad I've been able to continue in Cambridge.

I have a spare Red Bull which I prob won't be needing this term if you want it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Wow, it just took me 6 hours to produce just under 5 pages of handwritten Russian, 2 and a half of which were double spaced. I don't think I'll be counting my work anymore, it distresses me that it's so materially unproductive when I feel like my brain's been put through the wringer.
    Hah.. well I'm writing about a line an hour thus far, so its all relative!
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    I have - not sure how they'll resond . I do folky-acoustic stuff - it's my favourite thing in the world, and I'm glad I've been able to continue in Cambridge.
    Awesome
    I have a spare Red Bull which I prob won't be needing this term if you want it :p:
    I think your Red Bull is equidistant from here to Sainsburys (further if you reside in Mem court), unless you're offering to deliver :p: Thanks though!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I just wasted 45 minutes on that game. I did finish it though...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Wow, I just wasted 45 minutes on that game. I did finish it though...!
    Well done

I'm not sure what I've wasted 2hours on.
    I've written several starts to this essay and deleted them all :hmpf: And I changed my profile pic to:

And making a pot of green tea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    I haven't slept in 48 hours. I hate this. I'm goi ng to cry
    :console:
    Is this work?
    I'm in the same boat if that helps :coffee:

ReputationRep:
    *yawn*
    Me three.

ReputationRep:
    I've only just completed my introduction This is ghastly. At least its only the third all nighter of this term, and hopefully the last! (although the 3rd is a menacing day, being right before the assessed essay deadline)
    No, I just can't sleep at all. My neighbours are constantly up all night talking, which prevents me from getting off. It's not like I can complain, because it's not loud - just a constant sound surrounding me.
    That really sucks! I had that all of last year and it drove me absolutely insane. I was even disturbed while using earplugs :mad: The answer is that it depends on your college. My college have loads of unoccupied rooms that they don't tell people about - if someone has a good reason to move, it is entirely doable for them to shift us. FJ's college (Pembroke) are less flexible and don't seem to have that many spare rooms lying around. Essentially there's no harm trying your luck, although obviously your argument will be stronger if you can suggest that it is actually impeding your work.
    Also I don't know about there, but at our college the rooms coordinator is a very friendly and open women, and its handy to ask for the real info from her before aiming strategic questions in the more formal setting of a tutor appointment.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No, I just can't sleep at all. My neighbours are constantly up all night talking, which prevents me from getting off. It's not like I can complain, because it's not loud - just a constant sound surrounding me.
    If that happens I just go and talk with them for a while; they tend to get bored quicker then I can go to sleep. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    No :p: It's no fun being told the answer!

Though I can destroy any remaining self-esteem you might have had by telling you my 10-year-old sister also managed to finish the whole demo.
    :hmpf:

I need to go along to an open mic ad some point and hear you and CPF Will there be one between now and the end of term? Actually what am I taking about, I don't have an evening free until I leave

And I got up early today in order to try and finish off my maths question before the Supervision at 10. I had an idea about it just before I went to bed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.