Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Incidentally I'm pretty sure I saw you on the New Museum Site this morning at 11. I think you were walking out of a lecture as I went into one - you didn't appear to see me though.
    Yeah, I think I was coming out of a lecture there then. I'll have to keep my eyes open in future :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Hermes is being stupid. As always.

How so? I'm using Hermes over IMAP in Thunderbird and have never had any problems with it apart from some mails arriving quite a lot later than their "sent"-timestamp. These have always been mailing-lists though, so I suppose this is a list daemon problem rather than a Hermes problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    How so? I'm using Hermes over IMAP in Thunderbird and have never had any problems with it apart from some mails arriving quite a lot later than their "sent"-timestamp. These have always been mailing-lists though, so I suppose this is a list daemon problem rather than a Hermes problem?
    I use the web interface. It doesn't like you having it open in two tabs at once, and does weird things when I do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm far too lazy to do that.
    i did it in about week 2. It is worth doing, I cannot stress the value of it. Hermes is a load of rubbish.

Bridge was taken up by a county match tonight. I could pop along now and get a hand or two in, but doubt if I can be bothered :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    I am so unmotivated for this essay.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I am so unmotivated for this essay.
    I know the feeling. Especially when the only reading we've been set for it has nowhere near enough information to answer the question. Oh well, it's the very last assignment of the term, nearly there now...

ReputationRep:
    I use the web interface. It doesn't like you having it open in two tabs at once, and does weird things when I do.
    Yes, that happens to me too - when I have two tabs open, new messages don't send. And the expunge function is really strange too. I really should forward it to my gmail but I haven't had the energy to do that yet....

I still have three more supervisions, 4 lectures and an assessed practical to go... can't wait until Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    I find it amusing that a book from the 60's subtitled: "An introduction to physical geology" seems to assume a working knowledge of tensors.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/mrep...e/gladann.html

Anyone thought about that?

My sister is refusing to sign up to TSR. She is currently alone in the house, panicking about her interview and isn't on MSN. Parents chose this weekend to go away, just when she has coursework and auditions and other interviews all on. First time I've really wanted to be back.

ReputationRep:
    The Churchill people are giving me £12 instead, which is fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/mrep...e/gladann.html

Anyone thought about that?
    Go for it. Can't hurt to apply (assuming you have some travel planned?)

My sister is refusing to sign up to TSR. She is currently alone in the house, panicking about her interview and isn't on MSN. Parents chose this weekend to go away, just when she has coursework and auditions and other interviews all on. First time I've really wanted to be back.
    and my brother is currently under warning of getting kicked out of school he's doing so little work (yr 13 atm). Swap siblings? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    If mailing list items are moderated, they'll arrive only when moderated, but carry the sent-timestamp from the original sender, not the timestamp of the time at which the message was moderated.

ReputationRep:
    People!

Opinions on a shirt for black tie: wing collar or a formal shirt with a normal-type collar?

I'm currently favouring the latter, despite being less traditional (AFAIK), since wings look stupid if they don't stay down, and IMO the band of a bow tie around your neck looks a bit weird as well.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the former, but both are acceptable! I have a winged collar shirt, and a shirt with 'frills' with a normal collar and have worn both for various functions.

ReputationRep:
    I think bow ties with normal shirts look weirdly out of place - like you couldn't be bothered to get a proper winged shirt... Therefore, winged collars ftw... but, that's my personal opinion, and i won't be there to bug you when you do something else so it hardly matters...

ReputationRep:
    :woo: I managed to do some work today almost a whole example sheet in 4hrs

The fact that I've got Groups 4 to do for Wednesday and haven't started yet is besides the point ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    :woo: I managed to do some work today almost a whole example sheet in 4hrs

The fact that I've got Groups 4 to do for Wednesday and haven't started yet is besides the point ...
    Was that VM3?

I've got NS4 for Wednesday and I wanted to start tonight, but I went to our Christmas bop instead and I do not regret it :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    Go for it. Can't hurt to apply (assuming you have some travel planned?)
    Here lieth the problem, I can't decide which plan to do

and my brother is currently under warning of getting kicked out of school he's doing so little work (yr 13 atm). Swap siblings? :p:
    Er... no :p:

People!

Opinions on a shirt for black tie: wing collar or a formal shirt with a normal-type collar?

I'm currently favouring the latter, despite being less traditional (AFAIK), since wings look stupid if they don't stay down, and IMO the band of a bow tie around your neck looks a bit weird as well.
    I have a normal one, because I couldn't be bothered with the wing. A wing would look better though. Both I believe are considered in keeping with formal etiquette. The important thing is to get a self-tie bow tie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    Was that VM3?

I've got NS4 for Wednesday and I wanted to start tonight, but I went to our Christmas bop instead and I do not regret it :yep: .
    Nope, DE4

NS4 made me cry sooo many times last week, it did not go well

ReputationRep:
    Someone make my essay(s) go away... pleeeease....:work:

:bricks:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.