Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Upon googling, it seems that shirts with built-in wing collars as opposed to detachable are thought of as on the same lines as pre-tied bow ties, and that ordinary collars are preferred in Britain. It's amazing what you can learn when you should be working...

ReputationRep:
    If your collar is detachable, go with the winged collar. Otherwise, use a dress shirt with a normal collar.
    Edit: beaten.

ReputationRep:
    In the words of my facebook status, me → [-work] / __ #.

Finally no more essays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Hmm. Upon googling, it seems that shirts with built-in wing collars as opposed to detachable are thought of as on the same lines as pre-tied bow ties, and that ordinary collars are preferred in Britain. It's amazing what you can learn when you should be working...
    How interesting. I need to buy a book on etiquette.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm personally in favour of an ordinary collar. I don't like wing collars for exactly the reasons you mention.

ReputationRep:
    A quick google images of "Daniel craig James bond" confirms my decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom)
    and my brother is currently under warning of getting kicked out of school he's doing so little work (yr 13 atm). Swap siblings? :p:
    That bad, eh? If I were your parents, I'd let him know that he'd be paying £500 board a month starting a month after his last A level exams...
    (Original post by ukebert)
    My sister is refusing to sign up to TSR. She is currently alone in the house, panicking about her interview and isn't on MSN. Parents chose this weekend to go away, just when she has coursework and auditions and other interviews all on. First time I've really wanted to be back.
    Aww.. Did you call her?

*sigh* I'm halfway through this essay, but I want to sleep tonight, damnit!!!

ReputationRep:
    Scipio, definitely winged collars.
    (Original post by groovy_moose)
    Someone make my essay(s) go away... pleeeease....:work:

:bricks:
    :ditto: And thanks for the new smiley!

ReputationRep:
    Grr, why am I up so late? I can never get anything apart from maths/physics done at this time, and I'd managed to get bedtimes to something sensible the last couple of weeks.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm still up. For the last week I seem to have been going to bed at 2am and getting up at 11. I like it though

(although my 9am lecturers probably aren't as impressed.)

ReputationRep:
    Yeh that's pretty much my ideal, although not sleeping till 11!

ReputationRep:
    I'm freezing :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad other people are also still up... I don't know why that makes me feel better, but it does...

Hope you feel warmer soon craggy! Get a hot water bottle, or wrap yourself up in a duvet - or get a hot drink... mmm...

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad other people are also still up... I don't know why that makes me feel better, but it does...
    Yeh, I know what you mean.
    Hope you feel warmer soon craggy! Get a hot water bottle, or wrap yourself up in a duvet - or get a hot drink... mmm...
    Thanks!

I was thinking of asking you today: have Catz' food prices gone up this term? I remember last year that it was quite easy to simply walk in and get dinner along with everyone else without needing to provide ID, and simply paying cash. I'm thinking that in Lent I need to rejig my hall strategy. Peterhouse food has exponentially increased in price. It was significantly more expensive when we started term this year, and they've sneakily increased it further over the course of term. Its really annoying because its frankly theft! I don't feel I can afford hall anymore, even though I really need to use it for my evening meals. We don't have hobs in this house, and hall is mostly far more practical. However I'm now seriously considering only eating enough meals in hall to make up the sign-outs minimum (half of term)

Argh this essay is so annoying. I've reached 2184 but I still need to outline two points and conclude. And I'm no longer sentient enough to do this coherently. I really didn't want this essay to spill into yet another day, but such is life :hmpf: I'll have to wrap it up before my afternoon lecture and just get some sleep now.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you got some sleep Craghyrax!!!!!

I have 2 end of term exams now, one at 10 and one at 11, so lots of morning revision for me now =D

ReputationRep:
    It seems like we're not allowed on the wards due to norovirus. Great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    b) I still remember meeting epitome on my interview day, & it would be cool to have some little freshers next year who remember me.
    Just so you know, that is terrifying as well as kind of flattering. For what it's worth, I remember you too.

Shame about elections, btw - please stand for another position at the end of next term!

(NB: QUOTE ME if you respond to this - don't spend enough time on TSR at the moment to catch unquoted responses!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epitome)
    Just so you know, that is terrifying as well as kind of flattering. For what it's worth, I remember you too.

Shame about elections, btw - please stand for another position at the end of next term!

(NB: QUOTE ME if you respond to this - don't spend enough time on TSR at the moment to catch unquoted responses!).
    Hello. (That's all I wanted to say.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    Hello. (That's all I wanted to say.)
    Hello.

Glad to see you've got your kitchen back in a non-toxic state.

ReputationRep:
    I just SOAKED.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.