Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epitome)
    Hello.

Glad to see you've got your kitchen back in a non-toxic state.
    Yes. Two days before terms, but still. I'm gonna have a gyp-warming party!

ReputationRep:
    Yay, reading and notes/plan for essay done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Its really annoying because its frankly theft!
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chewwy)
    :confused:
    What? :p: You charge someone for maintaining the kitchen and paying the staff to prepare the food (KFC), you then charge extre for the food itself... bump up the price to match rising living costs and then bump it up again for absolutely no reason at all, bearing no relation to any external rise in costs, and purely because you know your clients can't do a thing about it...

ReputationRep:
    Aww.. Did you call her?
    The only times when I have time to call her are either when she is in School or when she should be in bed :p: I've been talking to her on facebook.

(Original post by epitome)
    Just so you know, that is terrifying as well as kind of flattering. For what it's worth, I remember you too.

Shame about elections, btw - please stand for another position at the end of next term!

(NB: QUOTE ME if you respond to this - don't spend enough time on TSR at the moment to catch unquoted responses!).
    :wavey: You never replied to my email

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of asking you today: have Catz' food prices gone up this term? I remember last year that it was quite easy to simply walk in and get dinner along with everyone else without needing to provide ID, and simply paying cash.

Argh this essay is so annoying. I've reached 2184 but I still need to outline two points and conclude. And I'm no longer sentient enough to do this coherently. I really didn't want this essay to spill into yet another day, but such is life :hmpf: I'll have to wrap it up before my afternoon lecture and just get some sleep now.

Catz food prices haven't really gone up, to the best of my knowledge, but i've only eaten in hall about 3 times this term... so i'm not sure whether i'd notice... If they happened to sus you out and ask for id, then it would be more expensive for you, but there are sufficient new people on the tills atm that they probably wouldn't...

I htink i must have been at just about the same point with my essay as you at the same time this morning... then i sent it and fell asleep... Now all i need to do is all the reading and writing of the other essay by tonight and i'm finished... cannot wait....

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and forgot to say, I very nearly made it to the end of term without being late to a lecture Unfortunately I woke up 20 minutes into the Eng in Soc lecture, and as such was 22 minutes late. Didn't matter, I was there for the 3 minutes of important stuff, but it's still annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovy_moose)
    Catz food prices haven't really gone up, to the best of my knowledge, but i've only eaten in hall about 3 times this term... so i'm not sure whether i'd notice... If they happened to sus you out and ask for id, then it would be more expensive for you, but there are sufficient new people on the tills atm that they probably wouldn't...
    Thanks I know it sounds far fetched, but I think that if they did suss me out I would still be paying no more, and possibly still less, than we are currently paying at hall :hmpf:
    Did you see the TCS article on rent? Peterhouse rent increased by over 9% this year, where the next highest increases elsewhere were 8% and below... the majority being below! TCS gave incorrect figures for our most expensive and our cheapest rooms (we have about six rooms that are over £200 cheaper than the cheapest suggested), but generally they literally are trying to screw us over left, right and centre :hmpf:

(Original post by groovy_moose)
    I htink i must have been at just about the same point with my essay as you at the same time this morning... then i sent it and fell asleep... Now all i need to do is all the reading and writing of the other essay by tonight and i'm finished... cannot wait....
    :ditto: pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    Would it be innapropriate to bring some of this up with the Senior Tutor think you Craggy?

I had a TSR dream last night. So damn disturbing as well.

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm out of touch with the real world: Do places generally accept debit cards?

ReputationRep:
    Grr, I was hoping to have a lie in tomorrow, but my DoS has scheduled a meeting for 10am :mad: .

But on a happy note, I am no longer going to do any work this term. Anything I have now can wait till the holidays! And I had my last 9am start of the term today!

And also on a happy note, I am now Selwyn JCRc's LBGT officer for 2009

Now I'm going for a sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Since I'm out of touch with the real world: Do places generally accept debit cards?
    Any place in particular? Cashpoints do. Vending machines tend not to.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations brimstone , and yes, Scipio.
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Would it be innapropriate to bring some of this up with the Senior Tutor think you Craggy?
    I have no idea I'm scared to. I think this sort of thing is usually dealt with by the JCR, but ours are weedy and pathetic and the student body cares more about their social lives than any practical aspect of college life :dry:
    I had a TSR dream last night. So damn disturbing as well.
    That is disturbing, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations brimstone , and yes, Scipio.

I have no idea I'm scared to. I think this sort of thing is usually dealt with by the JCR, but ours are weedy and pathetic and the student body cares more about their social lives than any practical aspect of college life :dry:

That is disturbing, yes.
    If it goes well then I might try, but the chances of that are probably fairly small. I can't stand the tension off not knowing whether I've got away with this term or not :p: At half past I'm going to try and finish the last examples paper.

And I dream vividly about people that I know and often remember them. I think I dreamt about you 4 or 5 times before I met you, although you were mostly a kind of bluey purple streaky thing

I have also dreamt about Tufts, SW and FTB, amongst others.

ReputationRep:
    I don't dream, which is probably quite fortunate, as I'm not sure I'd want to be disturbed by some wierd, blurry purple, blue thing

ReputationRep:
    I had a surreal dream last night featuring Charlie Dimmock (sp?) and the olympics... *confused*

And CONGRATS BRIMMY!

ReputationRep:
    I don't dream, which is probably quite fortunate, as I'm not sure I'd want to be disturbed by some wierd, blurry purple, blue thing
    If you were dreaming about me then it'd be a boat :yes:

At the time FTB was pacman

ReputationRep:
    No. Lieschtenstein.

Aaaak! Lecture thingy - must get dressed :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    Any place in particular? Cashpoints do. Vending machines tend not to.
    Shops etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Shops etc.
    As said above - yes they do. As long as you mean debit, not Visa Electron or somesuch nonsense. Most student accounts provide debit though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.