Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Looks like 15 wards are infected with norovirus, so all 4th year clinical teaching is suspended indefinitely. *grumble*

ReputationRep:
    ukebert: here is the JCR secretary page which she created specifically for people to raise ideas for improvements/changes - a glance at the wall should show you how much people care :dry:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    To be fair, the reason Peterhouse rents went up that much is that a rent freeze from several years ago expired this year.
    Ah - I didn't know this, thanks. And thanks for the insight Tom.
    (Original post by jcb914)
    tbh most of them, especially in michaelmas, just write the same generic comment for basically everyone. Either that or they have a stock of 2/3 comments ranging from excellent-good-crap and then just pick and choose one depending on your performance/how much they like you.
    :ditto:
    In my case Lent is the only term that will indicate anything at all, as I have had all of my supervisions of the term effectively in the last two weeks, for one of the papers I have a different supervisor for each different essay (so six throughout the year) , my assessed essay is due on Thursday, so the mark won't be known till next term, and much of my work/research is taking place over Christmas :rolleyes:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Looks like 15 wards are infected with norovirus, so all 4th year clinical teaching is suspended indefinitely. *grumble*
    After your complaints all term about long, weary days in the wards, I'm not inclined to feel overly sympathetic :p: What is this 'norovirus' thing anyway? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    OK, which indescribably wonderful person put a rum truffle in my pidge? :hmmm: I'm guessing it's one of you, as I don't know who else would do it :p:

I am happy now :o:

(Original post by Tom)
    "Even the most persistent undead ought to stay decently buried under that amount of traffic"

(yes, I am reading Pratchett as an intermittent distraction from trying to edit the contributions of my fellow group members into a somewhat coherent essay on international environmental law. I HATE group assessment - it would have been so much quicker and easier just to write the whole damn essay myself. Which I am now essentially doing, but trying to leave just enough of their content in it that it still counts as group work and the person assessing it won't get suspicious...)
    Reaper Man I was reading that last week, 3 for 2 offer on fiction inspired me to buy 3 pratchetts :o: Wish I had more though, finished them

Mine: This is, however, not true at the edges and Fig. 3.21 shows an accurate plot of the field near the edge of a parallel plate capacitor.

(Original post by visesh)
    Bring it up with the JCR, and let them liase with college. Even with your college's JCR track record witch college-student communication, I'm sure they can still get the correct channels involved.

You, as am individual, will be pretty powerless when approaching the senior tutor, unless it's about personal finance issues...
    You're probably right there Thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    OK, which indescribably wonderful person put a rum truffle in my pidge? :hmmm: I'm guessing it's one of you, as I don't know who else would do it :p:

I am happy now :o:
    Had you tried any before, or only the chelsea buns?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Had you tried any before, or only the chelsea buns?
    I hadn't, no :o: It was just as delicious as you keep saying that it is :yes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Supergrunch)
    On an unrelated note, I'm loving this status game thing that's sweeping the Cambridge network on facebook:

Rules:
    * Grab the book closest to you. Now.
    * Go to page 56.
    * Find the 5th sentence.
    * Write that sentence as your status.
    * Copy these instructions as a comment to your status.
    * Don't go looking for your favourite book, or the coolest one you have -- just grab the closest one.
    I tried to play, but unfortunately page 56 of Mankiw's Macroeconomics is completely blank.

ReputationRep:
    My contribution wasn't even from my book - I was babysitting and grabbed something completely random.
    I hadn't, no :o: It was just as delicious as you keep saying that it is :yes:
    Excellent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I tried to play, but unfortunately page 56 of Mankiw's Macroeconomics is completely blank.
    I want to play but there are no books in my room :o:

ReputationRep:
    My contribution wasn't even from my book - I was babysitting and grabbed something completely random.

Excellent
    I take it from that that it was you then? :p:

ReputationRep:
    ukebert: here is the JCR secretary page which she created specifically for people to raise ideas for improvements/changes - a glance at the wall should show you how much people care :dry:

In my case Lent is the only term that will indicate anything at all, as I have had all of my supervisions of the term effectively in the last two weeks, for one of the papers I have a different supervisor for each different essay (so six throughout the year) , my assessed essay is due on Thursday, so the mark won't be known till next term, and much of my work/research is taking place over Christmas :rolleyes:
    After your complaints all term about long, weary days in the wards, I'm not inclined to feel overly sympathetic :p: What is this 'norovirus' thing anyway? :lolwut:
    Responding to several posts in one reply? Who are you, and what have you done with the real Craggy? :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I played that book game the other day, I got 'Flee away and conceal yourselves!' I love Nietzsche.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I tried a Chelsea Bun for the first time today. Was quite nice
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I also had absolutely loads of work to do today and I've spent most of the afternoon asleep. I'm such an idiot. I'm also really dehydrated but I have nothing to drink (I will not touch Pembroke tap water)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Ooh, I tried a Chelsea Bun for the first time today. Was quite nice
    Quite nice?

Quite Nice?!

Quite nice?!?

That goes beyond typical English understatement :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    I take it from that that it was you then? :p:
    Verily :cool:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Responding to several posts in one reply? Who are you, and what have you done with the real Craggy? :p:
    :^^: If you were a sub you would be able to see a shell or two of deleted posts, from copying the content and adding it to one. It all depends on how much time I have and how fast TSR feels like being on the day.

Anyway, the real Craggy is off to grab some food and immerse herself in the offline depths of her laptop in the library :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Things I should have done today: some work (I have a sheet due tomorrow with 14 questions, I can do exactly none :o:)

Things I shouldn't have done today: Got 2 big bars of chocolate from Sainsburys
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Nina)
    I also had absolutely loads of work to do today and I've spent most of the afternoon asleep. I'm such an idiot. I'm also really dehydrated but I have nothing to drink (I will not touch Pembroke tap water)
    That sounds like my day. And same for the tap water, it really doesn't look great.
    Still, hopefully I can finish my work before going to see the Freshers Panto. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovy_moose)
    No, it's to subsidise the running of the kitchens for hall - i think they're quite expensive places to run overall - hence the reason school canteens all over the country were closing down a few years ago. If it were for the gyp rooms i'd be expecting rather alot more than a cupboard with 2 hobs and a sink in it... :rolleyes:
    Hmm, ours are just for gyp rooms, and mine hasn't even got hobs this year...

ReputationRep:

It's a viral gastroenteritis- the 'winter vomiting' bug. It's pretty benign (2-3 days of projectile vomiting + (?explosive) diarrhoea, self-limiting)in the otherwise healthy individuals but it can be pretty devastating on the wards. It's pretty contagious, which is why the 4th years are being kept away from the clinical areas. We can easily transmit it from a 'dirty' ward or clinic to a 'clean' ward. It's one of the most common viral illnesses, behind the common cold.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming someone in here subbed me, thanks.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.