Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Assuming someone in here subbed me, thanks.
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    I'm preparing for an all-nighter . N&S4 due in tomorrow, went to the bop yesterday instead of working on it, fell asleept today at 2pm.
    Well, it's going to be the last bit of serious work I'm doing this term .

ReputationRep:
    Last supervision essay done :stickyman: Now only the accursed assessed essay left. Some consolation is present in the form of a chelsea bun :^^:
    (Original post by visesh)
    It's a viral gastroenteritis- the 'winter vomiting' bug. It's pretty benign (2-3 days of projectile vomiting + (?explosive) diarrhoea, self-limiting)in the otherwise healthy individuals but it can be pretty devastating on the wards. It's pretty contagious, which is why the 4th years are being kept away from the clinical areas. We can easily transmit it from a 'dirty' ward or clinic to a 'clean' ward. It's one of the most common viral illnesses, behind the common cold.
    Oh my soul Benign it might be, but normal gastroenteritis is horrible enough without it being some vehement virus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)

Oh my soul Benign it might be, but normal gastroenteritis is horrible enough without it being some vehement virus!
    :yep: My supervisor works at the hosp sometimes... she said 10 particles inhaled and you're infected, nice and contagious then since its airborne!

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning to worry now. A Petrean student claimed, on facebook, to be infected.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have handed in my final examples paper. Nobody can do the last 3 questions, which means that I don't have to struggle with them

So, tomorrow I have 3 hours of lectures, with an hours break in the middle, followed by a few FREE hours, and not hours where I should be doing work, hours when I can afford not to feel guilty about not doing work I then have a meeting with the Senior Tutor, my final supervision and a superhall. On Thursday I have a meeting with my DoS and then I am done. Completely. Apart from the piles and piles of work that I have to do over the holidays :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have meetings with DoS and tutor on Friday, but it doesn't really count.

Bad timing but I have a sore tummy. I wonder if its psychosomatic :rolleyes:

ukebert - it would be more indicative to say you have a meeting with your tutor. While he happens to simultaneously be the Senior Tutor, the meeting in question involves him in his tutorial capacity.

ReputationRep:
    Woo, all supervision work over, and no lectures. So, just the dissertation then. I'll give it a while I think

ReputationRep:
    Yay

I'm going to attempt going to bed at midnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I have meetings with DoS and tutor on Friday, but it doesn't really count.

Bad timing but I have a sore tummy. I wonder if its psychosomatic :rolleyes:

ukebert - it would be more indicative to say you have a meeting with your tutor. While he happens to simultaneously be the Senior Tutor, the meeting in question involves him in his tutorial capacity.
    This is true. It does however sound more exciting to say that he is the senior tutor, although perhaps exciting isn't really what I would like it to be...

Chocolate cures sore tummies. Or it persuades you that you are feeling ill to too much chocolate rather than norovirus, which psychosomatically works out to the same.

ReputationRep:
    £ ;ecture slesft.

Then fairbairns; then bop.

ReputationRep:
    £ ;ecture slesft.

Then fairbairns; then bop.
    What's it been this time Scipio, vodka? Wine? Both? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    What's it been this time Scipio, vodka? Wine? Both? :p:
    Psoo ibly sambuca. And i'm really not as much of a n alcoholoc as it might appear, I just lack tyoing skills at the best of times anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Psoo ibly sambuca. And i'm really not as much of a n alcoholoc as it might appear, I just lack tyoing skills at the best of times anyway.
    It is (almost) worth staying up for :p:

ReputationRep:
    My tutor has arranged a chirstmas party coincinding wirth our bop. I feel slighly sorry for him that no-one will go.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i drink too much.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the formal Nina CIndies was very good, except it's soooooooo hot in there!

I drank a fiar bit too todya, £20 spent, I mean wtf?

ReputationRep:
    My tutor has arranged a chirstmas party coincinding wirth our bop. I feel slighly sorry for him that no-one will go.
    I have a tutor party on Thursday. It's the 2nd one I'll have been too, he makes such strong punch it's unmbelievable :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Aha. So much for that idea :rolleyes: (sleep, that is) All we get from our tutor is tea and biscuits in the Deer Park after exams The Dean on the other hand...:cool:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    This is true. It does however sound more exciting to say that he is the senior tutor, although perhaps exciting isn't really what I would like it to be...
    No. It just sounds like you've been gowned :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    is gowned the same as deaned? (as in, discipined in some way...)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.