The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Scipio90
Assuming someone in here subbed me, thanks. :smile:

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 2361
I'm preparing for an all-nighter :biggrin: . N&S4 due in tomorrow, went to the bop yesterday instead of working on it, fell asleept today at 2pm.
Well, it's going to be the last bit of serious work I'm doing this term :smile: .
Reply 2362
Last supervision essay done :stickyman: Now only the accursed assessed essay left. Some consolation is present in the form of a chelsea bun :^^:
visesh
It's a viral gastroenteritis- the 'winter vomiting' bug. It's pretty benign (2-3 days of projectile vomiting + (?explosive) diarrhoea, self-limiting)in the otherwise healthy individuals but it can be pretty devastating on the wards. It's pretty contagious, which is why the 4th years are being kept away from the clinical areas. We can easily transmit it from a 'dirty' ward or clinic to a 'clean' ward. It's one of the most common viral illnesses, behind the common cold.

Oh my soul :s-smilie: Benign it might be, but normal gastroenteritis is horrible enough without it being some vehement virus!
Reply 2363
Craghyrax

Oh my soul :s-smilie: Benign it might be, but normal gastroenteritis is horrible enough without it being some vehement virus!

:yep: My supervisor works at the hosp sometimes... she said 10 particles inhaled and you're infected, nice and contagious then since its airborne!
Reply 2364
I'm beginning to worry now. A Petrean student claimed, on facebook, to be infected.
Well, I have handed in my final examples paper. Nobody can do the last 3 questions, which means that I don't have to struggle with them :biggrin:

So, tomorrow I have 3 hours of lectures, with an hours break in the middle, followed by a few FREE hours, and not hours where I should be doing work, hours when I can afford not to feel guilty about not doing work :biggrin: I then have a meeting with the Senior Tutor, my final supervision and a superhall. On Thursday I have a meeting with my DoS and then I am done. Completely. Apart from the piles and piles of work that I have to do over the holidays :p:
Reply 2366
I have meetings with DoS and tutor on Friday, but it doesn't really count.

Bad timing but I have a sore tummy. I wonder if its psychosomatic :rolleyes:

ukebert - it would be more indicative to say you have a meeting with your tutor. While he happens to simultaneously be the Senior Tutor, the meeting in question involves him in his tutorial capacity.
Reply 2367
Woo, all supervision work over, and no lectures. So, just the dissertation then. I'll give it a while I think
Reply 2368
Yay :biggrin:

I'm going to attempt going to bed at midnight.
Craghyrax
I have meetings with DoS and tutor on Friday, but it doesn't really count.

Bad timing but I have a sore tummy. I wonder if its psychosomatic :rolleyes:

ukebert - it would be more indicative to say you have a meeting with your tutor. While he happens to simultaneously be the Senior Tutor, the meeting in question involves him in his tutorial capacity.

This is true. It does however sound more exciting to say that he is the senior tutor, although perhaps exciting isn't really what I would like it to be...

Chocolate cures sore tummies. Or it persuades you that you are feeling ill to too much chocolate rather than norovirus, which psychosomatically works out to the same.
Reply 2370
£ ;ecture slesft.

Then fairbairns; then bop.
Scipio90
£ ;ecture slesft.

Then fairbairns; then bop.

What's it been this time Scipio, vodka? Wine? Both? :p:
Reply 2372
ukebert
What's it been this time Scipio, vodka? Wine? Both? :p:

Psoo ibly sambuca. And i'm really not as much of a n alcoholoc as it might appear, I just lack tyoing skills at the best of times anyway.
Scipio90
Psoo ibly sambuca. And i'm really not as much of a n alcoholoc as it might appear, I just lack tyoing skills at the best of times anyway.

It is (almost) worth staying up for :p:
Reply 2374
My tutor has arranged a chirstmas party coincinding wirth our bop. I feel slighly sorry for him that no-one will go.
i drink too much.
Thanks for the formal Nina :biggrin: CIndies was very good, except it's soooooooo hot in there! :s-smilie: :smile: :s-smilie:

I drank a fiar bit too todya, £20 spent, I mean wtf?
Scipio90
My tutor has arranged a chirstmas party coincinding wirth our bop. I feel slighly sorry for him that no-one will go.

I have a tutor party on Thursday. It's the 2nd one I'll have been too, he makes such strong punch it's unmbelievable :eek:
Reply 2378
Aha. So much for that idea :rolleyes: (sleep, that is) All we get from our tutor is tea and biscuits in the Deer Park after exams :s-smilie: The Dean on the other hand...:cool:
ukebert
This is true. It does however sound more exciting to say that he is the senior tutor, although perhaps exciting isn't really what I would like it to be...

No. It just sounds like you've been gowned :shifty:
is gowned the same as deaned? (as in, discipined in some way...)

Latest

Trending

Trending