Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :ditto:

Well if you were a good boy and collected all of your Fitzbillies coupons from Varsity... :dontknow:
    Actually I do have a Varsity somewhere, I keep forgetting to pick it up. I think it's from around 3 weeks ago.

Anyway, a more pressing problem is that I have now 78p cash in the world. Also I have run out of toothpaste, which is mmore worrying. Problem is that I never seem to be free at a time when the bank is open, so I'm having to eat in hall for 2 meals a day. I have no cheese, my bread is going moudly, my apples are revvolting, I have oone yoghurt left, my biscuits are broken :p:

Why did I eat it all? :coma: I should have given it to you, uke
    You should have done :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Actually I do have a Varsity somewhere, I keep forgetting to pick it up. I think it's from around 3 weeks ago.

Anyway, a more pressing problem is that I have now 78p cash in the world. Also I have run out of toothpaste, which is mmore worrying. Problem is that I never seem to be free at a time when the bank is open, so I'm having to eat in hall for 2 meals a day. I have no cheese, my bread is going moudly, my apples are revvolting, I have oone yoghurt left, my biscuits are broken :p:

You should have done :sadnod:
    When does this get sorted out? Do you want to borrow a tenner? I had to borrow money from Dave when Student Finance only coughed up 10days after the scheduled date this term.

ReputationRep:
    When does this get sorted out? Do you want to borrow a tenner? I had to borrow money from Dave when Student Finance only coughed up 10days after the scheduled date this term.
    I should get a new card by the end of the week. I can survive until then, but thanks very much for the offer If I do get into dire straights then I will of course let you know.

The problem is time, I have some spare at weird and inconvenient moments.

ReputationRep:
    There's no way I will be able to sleep tonight. Not because of work, though.

I have actually never been to Fitzbillies, so I decided to take a look at their website, and now there are pictures of delicious Chelsea buns flying around in my head.

I WANT ONE NOW!

ReputationRep:
    isn't there a voucher in the online version? You know you can print it out lots of times....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)

I have actually never been to Fitzbillies, so I decided to take a look at their website, and now there are pictures of delicious Chelsea buns flying around in my head.

I WANT ONE NOW!
    I have never been to fitzbillies either ( :o: ) I am a deprieved child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    isn't there a voucher in the online version? You know you can print it out lots of times....
    How does that help me in acquiring one of these delicious pieces of ovencraft (I should not make up words. Really.) at 1:17am, though ?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea *switches on the printer* :teeth:

Right guys. I'm not posting again till I've produced another 500 words :work:

ReputationRep:
    I lied. One.More.Post. :egg:
    (Original post by Y__)
    How does that help me in acquiring one of these delicious pieces of ovencraft (I should not make up words. Really.) at 1:17am, though ?
    Well if you like you can have a rum truffle. They're the nicest thing that Fitzbillies sells. I ate the chelsea bun but still have the truffle because I used the coupon and had to buy two things. You'd have to walk to Peterhouse though. To be fair, we're next door to Fitzbillies so same difference.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.varsity.co.uk/archive/681.pdf bottom right hand corner of page 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    http://www.varsity.co.uk/archive/681.pdf bottom right hand corner of page 3
    They'd guess No news about CUSU condoms on the back :no:

ReputationRep:
    They'd guess No news about CUSU condoms on the back :no:
    Why should there be a problem? One ought to be able to use the online coupon too in this age of technology...I use online coupons all the time in shops :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I lied. One.More.Post. :egg:

Well if you like you can have a rum truffle. They're the nicest thing that Fitzbillies sells. I ate the chelsea bun but still have the truffle because I used the coupon and had to buy two things. You'd have to walk to Peterhouse though. To be fair, we're next door to Fitzbillies so same difference.
    Don't tempt me . I am quite fond of the idea of cycling to Peterhouse to eat a rum truffle now (instead of the rather boring and conservative prospect of going to bed now so that I will be awake during tomorrow's lectures).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)

I WANT ONE NOW!
    They are the nicest thing ever.

Now I am annoyed. I can't book the next Smokers thing in 2 weeks because my card has been stopped. This means that I will HAVE to go down to the bank at some point and book at the ADC in person with cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.T.)
    Ah, we get those too! Although they're critical theory, & have actually overlapped nicely with my essay topics/personal interests so far, so I can't really complain

As for my workload, I certainly don't feel like I get off easy...
    I spent all of Saturday in my room doing work, if that makes anyone feel less jealous!

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that you got off easy, I was just saying that my workload is more comparable to Zoe's - I have weekly essays like she does!

Fortnightly supervisions? We have weekly ones for Spanish lit, maybe that's why my workload is large. We have a seminar as well, is yours that western culture one? If it was, I think myself and the other Emma Russianist were meant to be joining you for seminars (on Mondays right?) because we couldn't go to ours as we had a clash, but we've ended up going to Jesus on Thursdays instead.
    It is indeed! Lol, I still don't know who you are, are you normally in the Spanish lit lecture? Weekly supervisions, wow! I'd quite like a weekly supervision but I know I wouldn't be able to handle that amount of work, what with having to do work weekly for French as well.

ReputationRep:
    Anyways, I'm going to bed now. Have a good night, guys&girls :yep: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_emz)
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply that you got off easy, I was just saying that my workload is more comparable to Zoe's - I have weekly essays like she does!
    How did that essay go?

ReputationRep:
    How did that essay go?
    It never got started - I've got some health problems and they flared up (rather unsurprisingly, given that I've been burning the candle at both ends) so I took the day off and emailed my supervisor to ask for an extension. Switched on my computer about an hour ago thinking to write the intro and got distracted.........and I really ought to go to bed otherwise my day off will be pointless but I don't think I'd sleep.

How are you? Thanks for the rep, I have a shiny gem now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    smilepea, I think I have met a Caius mathematicians at the Careers Service last Monday... it wasn't you, was it?
    Nope lol, I would be the other female Caius mathmo, anywho I'm generally wearing brightly coloured clothing (today was especially good I must say ) and sitting somewhere in the middle, erm oh yes I have blue glasses, and I have no idea who you are :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by K.T.)
    It's not worth it :nah: This is the first week I've not gone, & I can't say I'm missing it much...

(I'll still be going next week though!)
    I have to disagree. It's easily the best night out of the week, so much better than Cindies etc. The atmosphere is so much friendlier and so much less rah.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.