Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovy_moose)
    is gowned the same as deaned? (as in, discipined in some way...)
    Yes.

Right... bed for me. I have a headache and I've wasted four hours of precious sleep doing nothing :rolleyes:

Enjoy the rest of your evening Rachael :hello:

ReputationRep:
    Craggy:

Norovirus isn't really a 'vehement' virus. It's the most common cause of D+V. I'd rather that than another form gatroenteritis... It's only really insidious in the really young, the aged and the otherwise-not-very-well, mostly due to dehydration. It is however self limiting- it sorts itself out in 2-3 days.

The only way it spreads is via the faeco-oral route, which, as you can probably guess, can bee avoided with stringent hand washing with soap and water and avoiding all physical contact with people affected.

It's not airborne per se, but D+V can aerosolise and make contact with you if you're just off the 'firing line'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepea)
    Nope, DE4

NS4 made me cry sooo many times last week, it did not go well
    You're right, NS4 is absolutely horrible . I spent the whole night on it, and I missed out 12 and 13 completely, and for 11 and 9, I don't have anything but very sketchy ideas of how you might be able to prove it... worst sheet so far, I regret sacrificing my sleep for that .

Anyways, off to bed now. Actually, I'm not sure whether I should rather stay awake than going to sleep for 2 hours...

ReputationRep:
    Actually, screw sleeping, I'll just stay up and have breakfast in the buttery.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Psoo ibly sambuca. And i'm really not as much of a n alcoholoc as it might appear, I just lack tyoing skills at the best of times anyway.
    Well, you certainly have the most drunken posts in this thread. :yep: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I guess I should be glad that the only examples sheet 4 due this term for me is V&M4... not looking forward to N&S4...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I feel absolutely horrendous. I went to bed at 2am, and tossed and turned until 7am. I of all people am not meant to do that. So now I have to do all my work and an essay on no sleep. And I'm probably not getting back from a meeting in London thats unavoidable until 4.

There's no way I'll be going to Christmas formal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    *jealous* my N&S4 is in for tomorrow, I think I've spent more time staring at it than doing it
    YES that's what I was like!!! It got me back into the pattern of not being able to do my work and then taking a nap :yep:

(Original post by Y__)
    You're right, NS4 is absolutely horrible . I spent the whole night on it, and I missed out 12 and 13 completely, and for 11 and 9, I don't have anything but very sketchy ideas of how you might be able to prove it... worst sheet so far, I regret sacrificing my sleep for that .
    I assure you that's a darn sight more than me, I attempted like 6 questions and completed like 1 maybe? and some of my attempts were "I need to find an injection from blah to blah and then an injection from blah to blah then I will have proved there is a bijection from blah to blah"

ooooh and my groups 4 is due in at 6 today. I have not started it. I also cannot do groups to save my life. Excellent, crying/napping in the library ahoy for me!!

ReputationRep:
    :ninja: What's a Chelsea Bun? :ninja:

Oh, googled... never wanted to try one of those...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    You've been at Cambridge nearly a term and only just had a Chelsea Bun? :eek2:
    I had never thought about trying it till I passed Fitzbillies and remember Craggy/ukebert going on about them very often :hmmm: So I thought I'd have one :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You've been at Cambridge nearly a term and only just had a Chelsea Bun? :eek2:
    I haven't had one since before I came up here. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I used to polish off about 3-4 of those buns in one sitting in first year, could help explain how I managed to get to about 12.5 stones :o:

ReputationRep:
    Fitzbillies is really close to Emma and I've still never been I might before the end of term though and play pigeon hole fairy again

I still have 500 page book to read and an essay to write before Sunday. My dad's visiting on Sunday morning, so my parents (wait, mum and stepdad) are probably going to pick my stuff up on Saturday, leaving today, Thursday and Friday to do all my work. Today I have a class and a supervision between 2pm and 5pm, so I could do some work now, except I'm going to have a shower and then my boyfriend will be back from lectures and distracting me, and later there'll be loads of people around who are being distracting and then we have our weekly Desperate Housewives drinking game. And no doubt I'll end up watching Doctor Who at 3am again. This is not going to work...

ReputationRep:
    I've never eaten a Chelsea bun in my life :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    What's a Chelsea bun?

ReputationRep:
    Good God people you have never lived :mad:

ReputationRep:
    ...But they're still not a patch on the chocolate chip cookies I have at morning break with my cup of tea. Nomnomnom.

I'm not dead, yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I haven't had one since before I came up here. :ninja:
    :ditto:

(Original post by Zoedotdot)
    Fitzbillies is really close to Emma
    I think Cambridge has warped my perception of distance, seeing that my first thought in response to that was "wtf, it's miles away" :p:

(Original post by Scipio90)
    I think Cambridge has warped my perception of distance, seeing that my first thought in response to that was "wtf, it's miles away" :p:
    Snap! When I went to meet my Dad at the station a few weeks ago, it seemed like so far away!! My entire life for the past eight weeks seems to have been conducted exclusively between Sidney and the Sidgewick site (the furthest I think I go!) :o: I imagine my 300 mile train journey on Sat will be quite a shock... :p:

And I'm another one who's not had a chelsea bun since I came here :o: But I did have them quite often, as my Nan used to buy me one whenever I went to see her (which, not being at school in the summer, was rather often!) Hopefully the same will apply at Christmas... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Argh! So... the most important day of term.. The day in which I edit my assessed essay so that its really good for the deadline tomorrow... I oversleep till 1:30!!! :banghead:
    If I get an interview at Cambridge, possible meet 2nd February? I think that's 3rd week.
    Yay!
    (Original post by Nina)
    There's no way I'll be going to Christmas formal
    Aw, poor Nina :console:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.