Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a totally unexpected 3000 word essay dumped on me this morning. Just sprung by surprise! The end of term was going to be busy anyways, with paid work as well, so quite how I'm going to fit another essay in I don't know (or how I'm gonna come up with 3000 words about what's a very limited subject indeed, either, tbh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Argh! So... the most important day of term.. The day in which I edit my assessed essay so that its really good for the deadline tomorrow... I oversleep till 1:30!!! :banghead:
    Ouch So sorry to hear that. So another late night then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    What's a Chelsea bun?
    One day next term, I'll buy some, and we can eat them with buttery breakfast. Then you will understand.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm :lolwut: Chelsea buns are some kind of bready dough rolled out very thin and then soaked in cinnamon, syrup, honey, currants, in in some places covered with icing for a finishing touch.. after the soaking, the dough is rolled up around the gooey stuff so that it looks kind of like a swiss roll. Observe...

ReputationRep:
    NEVER link a picture of a chelsea bun to me. Now I can't think about anything else

ReputationRep:
    You didn't have to click it. Unlike you, I didn't display the image in the body of the post :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes ukebert - another late night, but that was already inevitable because the deadline is tomorrow, Christmas formal is tonight, and I'm a perfectionist :rolleyes: I think I'm ok. I have to:
    1: Rewrite introduction
    2: Lose 400words while also adding some material here or there
    3ort out my haphazard referencing
    4: Include a detailed footnote on Kuhn

(btw are you bringing brimstone and coming tonight?

(Original post by Tom)
    I got a totally unexpected 3000 word essay dumped on me this morning. Just sprung by surprise! The end of term was going to be busy anyways, with paid work as well, so quite how I'm going to fit another essay in I don't know (or how I'm gonna come up with 3000 words about what's a very limited subject indeed, either, tbh)
    What's the consequence of not doing it?

ReputationRep:
    You didn't have to click it. Unlike you, I didn't display the image in the body of the post :p:
    :shh:

:p:

I am petrified that I am going to miss my Tutor meeting at 1645. The higher the stakes, the more likely it is that I will forget

Yes ukebert - another late night, but that was already inevitable because the deadline is tomorrow, Christmas formal is tonight, and I'm a perfectionist :rolleyes: I think I'm ok. I have to:
    1: Rewrite introduction
    2: Lose 400words while also adding some material here or there
    3ort out my haphazard referencing
    4: Include a detailed footnote on Kuhn

(btw are you bringing brimstone and coming tonight?

You missed my post on the matter last week Apparently they are Petreans only, so brim isn't coming. I will be however, apparently the only fresher in the hall However, it does mean that I can go to the last ceilidh band of term tomorrow. It is black tie, no?

Anyway, I hope to see you there, assuming that your perfectionism hasn't overwritten your need to eat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    :shh:

I am petrified that I am going to miss my Tutor meeting at 1645. The higher the stakes, the more likely it is that I will forget
    Take a book. The times listed are merely token. You're likely to be waiting in a queue for quite awhile.

ReputationRep:
    Take a book. The times listed are merely token. You're likely to be waiting in a queue for quite awhile.
    *goes into town to buy book*

Actually I do need to go into town, but not to buy food. I think that even I will be hard pressed eating 8 yoghurts between now and Saturday afternoon...

ReputationRep:
    Failing that module of the course :/

It's all assessed coursework. I'd rather just do exams but meh.

ReputationRep:
    Argh poor Tom!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Reading all this makes me appreciative of the fact that my biggest problem at the moment is sorting out a costume if I want to go to the Bop tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Reading all this makes me appreciative of the fact that my biggest problem at the moment is sorting out a costume if I want to go to the Bop tomorrow.
    Myself and my college husband just had to help out our german friend who's coming along to Christmas Formal. He went out to find Black Tie and came back in a panic because he couldn't work out exactly what it involves :p:

ReputationRep:
    Argh poor Tom!
    On the plus side, I've written a thousand of those words this afternoon. I had a few hours of inspiration (by which I mean the ******** flowed freely). 'Tis great when ideas of what to write are really coming thick and fast, though - you know when you have three half-written paragraphs on the go at once because you can't type fast enough to keep up? If only that would happen more often no workload would ever be a problem (whereas in reality of course, in common with every student, every 10% of writing is accompanied by 90% of procrastination and thumb-twiddling...)

ReputationRep:
    I've never had the three paragraph thing :puppyeyes: And in contrast to your experience, I'm now in the embarrassing situation of not understanding my own essay (that I need to edit) written about ten days ago :rofl: Oops.

ReputationRep:
    I think I might have to make a choice between rowing and functioning fingers and toes... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Myself and my college husband just had to help out our german friend who's coming along to Christmas Formal. He went out to find Black Tie and came back in a panic because he couldn't work out exactly what it involves :p:
    Awww :p: Not as bad as one Petrean who thought that "Black Tie" meant "wear a black tie"...

Why did you get warned Tom?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Why did you get warned Tom?
    I'm guessing it was for bypassing the swear filter.

ReputationRep:
    Wish me luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.