ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Wish me luck
    What's happening?

ReputationRep:
    DoS meeting I think :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh
    I'm sure it will be fine, ukebert, but you can pull my leg for another rum truffle if it isn't :hugs:

Argh. So.... in 90mins I've removed 10 words :dry: Only 490 to go
    :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    Well, that went very almost as badly as it could have done. One of my supervisors was really nice (ironically in structures, which I loathe), another said "I dunno really" and the third dinged me on evertything :dry: Unsatisfactory across the board in Maths and Mechanics.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I've just got back, and I really want to go to Christmas formal but I just can't. It sucks and I feel rubbish. There's no way this essay will be done in time anyway, but I have to try.

ReputationRep:
    Poor Nina
    Well, that went very almost as badly as it could have done. One of my supervisors was really nice (ironically in structures, which I loathe), another said "I dunno really" and the third dinged me on evertything :dry: Unsatisfactory across the board in Maths and Mechanics.
    What was your DoS's overall conclusion/summary?

Btw give some thought to the meeting with Dr P. He might ask if you've been struggling with anything, and if there's anything college could help with - so it would be handy to have an answer to hand :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    My essay is a bit of a challenge. This is the first time I've ever had to go over one of my essays after writing it before submission. Usually I press send straight after spell check without a further glance. Its really hard to concentrate on every line, and I'm trying to figure out what my gist was so I can manipulate the content and rewrite the intro. :lolwut:

And then there's the matter of the extra 500words too many... :dry:

ReputationRep:
    None of my supervision reports are on CamCORS yet, is that the way it's supposed to be ? My DoS meeting is tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Poor Nina

What was your DoS's overall conclusion/summary?

Btw give some thought to the meeting with Dr P. He might ask if you've been struggling with anything, and if there's anything college could help with - so it would be handy to have an answer to hand :dontknow:
    This was Dr P :p: My DoS is tomorrow, which will likely be worse. And he said that if I needed an extra supervision or tuition of any kind then I should contact my DoS and he'd set it up, but frankly the less hours I spend with Dr S (the offending super) the better

Conclusion was that I need to work harder. Unsurprisingly, and I suppose justifiably.

Ah well, supervision in Electronics (the "dunno" chap) in 8 minutes.

:hugs: Nina Hope the essay goes well, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Y - you can't see anything until after your meeting with Tutor and DoS (usually)
    Conclusion was that I need to work harder. Unsurprisingly, and I suppose justifiably.
    Do you feel that you can work harder, or do you feel you've already maxed yourself out this term?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, ukebert. Last year the extra supervisions I had for one of my subjects was absolutely amazing. It made such a difference! If you feel that your supervisor is rubbish, you can ask them to give you a different one for next term! (but obviously tell that to Dr P if the DoS is one and the same)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I didn't think my camcors reports would be up yet under the circumstances, but they are and they're really nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    I didn't think my camcors reports would be up yet under the circumstances, but they are and they're really nice
    Yay! At least some small blessing in your rubbish day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Y - you can't see anything until after your meeting with Tutor and DoS (usually)

Do you feel that you can work harder, or do you feel you've already maxed yourself out this term?
    I can work harder, but I'm not relishing the prospect I've already started thinking about how I could better manage my time. Basically it'll be any spare moment that I have will be working, including going to the Library after clubs at 2200. It is not going to be nice. Thank god for the break, when I can finally have time to catch up.

We have a mock exam at the beginning of next term. I will need to get a 2:1 on that to silence any criticism.

ReputationRep:
    I feel horrendously inadequate and that however hard I work, it's never good enough. Poo.

I haven't even had supervision reports yet, heh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeezebox)
    I'm doing 11 now, for the answer (not the proof), did you get:

Spoiler:
    Show
    always countable?
    Yes. I think I've figured out a proof by now. Did you manage to do 9?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I've only had one supervision with my current spvr as I had so much time off. It was rubbish, and he freely admits that in the report, but the discussion showed i was 'very capable in debate' and happily predicts a minimum of 2i.

This makes such a change for me.

:hugs: for uke and minimo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    I've only had one supervision with my current spvr as I had so much time off. It was rubbish, and he freely admits that in the report, but the discussion showed i was 'very capable in debate' and happily predicts a minimum of 2i.

This makes such a change for me.

:hugs: for uke and minimo.
    yay!

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I feel horrendously inadequate and that however hard I work, it's never good enough. Poo.

I haven't even had supervision reports yet, heh.
    Nothing is ever good enough, so scrap that idea. Kick it out of your brain and settle with your personal best.

ReputationRep:
    I can work harder, but I'm not relishing the prospect I've already started thinking about how I could better manage my time. Basically it'll be any spare moment that I have will be working, including going to the Library after clubs at 2200. It is not going to be nice. Thank god for the break, when I can finally have time to catch up.

We have a mock exam at the beginning of next term. I will need to get a 2:1 on that to silence any criticism.
    To be fair, I've rarely stopped working by 10pm. But I know that I've spent a lot of this term overworking at the expense of other things - imagine doing that and still not feeling like you're making exceptional progress... The reports that are up are all 2.i, except for my Russian supervision which is 2.ii/2.i and probably the single class type thing that I've worked hardest on this term. And that's depressing...

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.