Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Christmas Formal + Pre-Drinks + Cindies + 3 Vodka Shots in a row + Meeting with DoS 10:30 = Interesting, very interesting. :woo:
    Impressive typing :five:

Scipio: observe :p:

:vroam:

ReputationRep:
    I have conflicting aims: to add more critical content and to lose loads of words :lolwut:

Like pulling teeth :hmpf:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm still up! Am seriously considering going for an hour's kip though, given I didn't actually manage to sleep last night.

I'm not actually too tired, but I'm not overly productive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    I'm still up! Am seriously considering going for an hour's kip though, given I didn't actually manage to sleep last night.

I'm not actually too tired, but I'm not overly productive.
    You'll feel worse after the nap, but you'll probably function better for it. I think scientifically the 20mins is supposed to be the right amount for this sort of thing.

I'm still up but not really sleepy. I think I threw my sleep cycle out of joint last week sometime. I'm not overly productive either, but my concentration seems fine.

My (philosopher) college husband has gone over this essay and made loads of suggested changes. This is a huge pain, because this essay makes up my amateur foray into Philosophy and he's basically demanded that I state loads of things more simply. Problem is I only understand them when I say them in Richenda-words :>.<:

*mutters*
    :pcguru:

ReputationRep:
    arse, too early.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't managed to sleep yet :hmpf: Stupid essay. Going now. I really hope that I'm amazingly productive after three hours of sleep... :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well one hour of sleep turned into just under four. I feel like **** but now I only have to be awake and productive for another 50 minutes and then I can sleep for another 4 hours before going to the supervision. These 50 minutes however, will not be fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio90)
    Also, it should be illegal to introduce the Monty Hall problem as if everyone hasn't seen it 10 times already
    I hadn't come across it before I came here.

Term is over! No more supervisions for me! Woo!

Sorry, those who are still working. Good luck, Nina. I hope you enjoy your sleep when it comes.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'll only get four hours max. Essay is now officially overdue Should only be 15 mins or so though.

ReputationRep:
    Vac borrowing = true representation of how Cambridge is ridiculous at times.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Vac borrowing = true representation of how Cambridge is ridiculous at times.
    I'm not planning on doing any vacation borrowing so I wouldn't know. What's wrong with it?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Why?

BEDTIME! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I'm not planning on doing any vacation borrowing so I wouldn't know. What's wrong with it?
    8.30 - massive queue outside library
    8.35- they let us in. we run in. people start screaming and fighting and grabbing things off shelves
    8.50 - queue of about 20 people at each borrowing station

General frenzy, panic, hilarity at how much people care about getting vac books.

P.S. I've taken out 16 heavy books and I plan to read all of them. You can check up on me over Vac to see how it's going.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I can honestly say I've never had that experience of vac borrowing. Certainly my department is considerably more civilised!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    I can honestly say I've never had that experience of vac borrowing. Certainly my department is considerably more civilised!
    It might be a Clare thing :p:

Apprently there are cheaters, who make a pile of books the night before at midnight (before people have time to reshelve them) and hide them in a corner under a coat and get in first so they steal all the books and get to the borrowing station first. Rest assured our librarian is dealing with them. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Man your library sucks.

ReputationRep:
    It might be a Clare thing :p:

Apprently there are cheaters, who make a pile of books the night before at midnight (before people have time to reshelve them) and hide them in a corner under a coat and get in first so they steal all the books and get to the borrowing station first. Rest assured our librarian is dealing with them. :yes:
    I would call that "Being intelligent" rather than "cheating", but meh :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just back from one bout of vac borrowing, off to get some more books shortly :teeth:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    8.30 - massive queue outside library
    8.35- they let us in. we run in. people start screaming and fighting and grabbing things off shelves
    8.50 - queue of about 20 people at each borrowing station
    Next time tell me so I can come and film it. :p:

General frenzy, panic, hilarity at how much people care about getting vac books.
    You included?

P.S. I've taken out 16 heavy books and I plan to read all of them. You can check up on me over Vac to see how it's going.
    Yeah, sure...

ReputationRep:
    Was this at the Marshall? They usually film their vacation borrowing anyway.

The smart kids go in the day before, find the books they need, hide them on a random shelf and then don't have to bear with the crazy rush :ninja:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.